Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:58 AM

575 posts, read 554,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Just looking at your position on things, maybe you weren't really as conservative as you thought you were. It sounds like you are more moderate than anything.

As far as voter fraud, you can't prove voter fraud until you start checking it. It's like have a free for all at a store and giving away free items for every customer that enters the store. Unless you check the customer, their ID and keep record of them there is no way to know if that person has come a second time. One thing that people don't consider is, there is more than one way to commit voter fraud. If someone voluntarily gives you their voter card, it's still voter fraud. People being able to do things like that compromises the integrity of the elections.

I do believe that the Republican Party has ill intent to stop certain voters, but I believe it's ridiculous that we have able bodied adults in this nation who have not gotten ID. What kind of jobs do they have that they don't need ID?

That makes no sense. You can't have it both ways. You say you are against abortions but then you don't want it to become illegal. I guess the question should be why are you against abortions? Abortions should definitely be illegal, in my opinion, because the way they are used is flawed. Organizations like Planned Parenthood get to inform and perform abortions without any oversight. It's the equivalent of allowing car dealers to tell you what the price of a car is and for you not to have access to Kelley Blue Book. Planned Parenthood and other abortion clinics have a bias view on whether these women should have abortions and they aren't going to give you all the facts, because quite honestly it's not in their best interest. It's completely flawed. Also abortion is not illegal, then murder shouldn't be either. There are no differences. If you kill a pregnant woman in this nation it's double murder, but at the same time that child doesn't have rights to be a considered a human being?

Please give quotes. This nation was based on Christian values. How did we derive the fact that murder and stealing is wrong? What was the purpose of the pilgrims? Why do we have God or Our Creator written in so many documents?
Ohh lord...the Preacher is in the house.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:59 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
Ohh lord...the Preacher is in the house.
I'm confused by you. You claim that you do believe in the Bible, but yet you seem to be my biggest critic on here, when I bring it up.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 AM

575 posts, read 554,489 times
Quote:
I'm confused by you. You claim that you do believe in the Bible, but yet you seem to be my biggest critic on here, when I bring it up.
I bring it up because you seem to bring it up everytime you post something. I'm all for religion, but it doesn't have a place in EVERY conversation.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
I bring it up because you seem to bring it up everytime you post something. I'm all for religion, but it doesn't have a place in EVERY conversation.
You obviously don't read my post very much. I only bring it up when we are talking about social issues. Whenever we talking about local happenings, I definitely don't bring it up. But again, if you are in such agreement with what I believe, why doesn't it bother you so much. You should be happy to hear that someone supposedly shares the same belief system. It appears to me, that you have a problem with what I'm saying. You nitpick at every little thing I put up here even when it doesn't have a thing to do with religion. If you don't like to hear people's opinion on things that you disagree with, the internet is the wrong place for you and this site is definitely the last place you should be.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:38 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,562,134 times
Quote:
If you kill a pregnant woman in this nation it's double murder, but at the same time that child doesn't have rights to be a considered a human being?
that was passed in 2004, apparently for precisely the purpose of establishing this precedent. Since no rights established under Roe V Wade are violated by it, SCOTUS has allowed it.

A fetus still does not have the right to inherit property (which a newborn does)

Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Maryland is 30% Black so Dems start off every statewide race with approximately a 30% head start. Lots of Jewish and Catholic liberals especially in Montgomery County. You add this to the youth vote and Dems pretty much have the state on lockdown.

As for Montgomery County it's probably more liberal than Baltimore City and even PG County. So Ike should win in a landslide.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:51 AM

169 posts, read 299,937 times
Quote:
Well buddy, I've done my research and I know where I stand. I support the Constitution and I believe in adhering to, but I also believe in interpreting it in places where it needs interpretation. And the last thing I need is some wannabe-enlightened hack come on here and tell me I'm wrong because of my convictions.
I am confused as to who the wannabe is. I was accused of using Ron Paul website based talking points when making a post as anyone else might. Now I am a hack.
You claim to know where you stand on your convictions...
You claim to support (uphold) the Constitution. You also believe in adhering to it and then believe in interpreting it where it needs interpretation. To suit yourself when you feel a need to mold it to your mindset? Can you do the same at your place of employment?
A patriot upholds the Constitution. All who hold an elected office in the federal government swear an oath to do so as do US soldiers. There is no interpretation. The nine appointed members of the Supreme Court, who also took the oath, have been "interpreting" the document for years and it equates to legislating from the bench. Interpretation has frequently led to circumvention in our system of government.
Again, there is no interpretation. We are an English speaking nation and the document is written in the same. If one needs it explained that's fine, plenty of people should seek that knowledge.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:11 AM

169 posts, read 299,937 times
Quote:

Lots of people take pride in the fact they attend church every Sunday. Don't mention the preacher's sermon to them at work on Wednesday; you are most likely to be labeled "religious" when broaching the topic around their non-secular acquaintances.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisedisguise View Post
Again, there is no interpretation. We are an English speaking nation and the document is written in the same. If one needs it explained that's fine, plenty of people should seek that knowledge.
the founders themselves accepted the need for interpretation. Adams in particular was a lawyer who made a living arguing over the interpretation laws that were written in English. The lead up to the American revolution involved debates over the interpretation of laws, from Magna Carta to the various colonial charters.

All laws, and all constitutions require interpretation.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:

there are many different views of the bible and its role in society among Christians (and also Jews, BTW) Why would beleiving the bible mean he couldnt disagree with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland