Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 07:58 PM

334 posts, read 1,500,075 times

Advertisements

We are going to try and stay in the Ellicott city, Columbia area over labour day to get a feel for the the region before moving there this fall. Can you please recommend a safe hotel for the family to stay in?
I don't think B&Bs are going to work since we have kids with us. Something with a pool would be great. We want to drive around and get to know the different areas and see local sites too, time permitting.
thank you for your help.
NOTE: if there is anywhere we should AVOID please let me know. I don't want a repeat of bed bug central, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 09:52 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,161,416 times
We considered the Hampton Inn on Columbia 100 Parkway when we were looking at the area, and in retrospect we should have stayed there. The reviews on TripAdvisor are good and the location would have been perfect for getting to know Columbia and Ellicott City. It is right in between the two and I'm in that area all the time. It has an indoor pool, which might be better as it is cooling down a little anyway. We didn't stay there, though. We stayed first in Linthicum at an airport hotel (can't recommend) and the second trip at a B&B in Catonsville as we didn't have kids with us.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 PM

51 posts, read 73,437 times
Default Elkridge

I grew up in Columbia, MD and had not been back to the area for 15 years...and my family and I just came back from the area last week..like you we too are considering relocating to the area, and teh Comfort suites in Elkridge was great! We did all the research...weeks in advance, but we ended up going with them the night before because of the rate..(roughly 90 a night)...and let me tell you I was impressed!

First of the location is great..a few turns off of the highway..but only about 2 min away...but that makes it have a private feel..also they had a pool (only open till ten) with a jacuzzi..and breakfast every morning..a real breakfast too..make your own belgian waffles..OJ..eggs..ham...WOW...and the staff was more than responsive..plus with the kids they had a seperate front room area...with two beds in the back...you may need a rollaway....but it was really great..20 min to baltimore..30 min to DC..i didnt go to Ellicott city..but probably about 15 min away...good luck...my wife loved the area..just have to convince her about the weather now!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:41 AM

6,597 posts, read 11,333,747 times
There's a Springhill suites in Columbia (Minstrel way) that's pretty nice. In Ellicott City, you also have Turf Valley Resort and conference center, which includes pool, 36 holes of golf, tennis, spa etc.... although I'm not sure if you're looking for a resort (as I'm sure you'll pay a bit more).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland