Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:38 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I've had friends who have done that--cooking them with the seaweed the traditional way, but I've never seen it....we're actually heading to Eastport tonight for a bonfire on the beach with some friends....after your post I'm thinking maybe we need to do more than just the Doritos....

and hey, I'm an adventurous Maine girl who doesn't mind getting sloppy! just not with my lobstah in public.....
an adventurous maine girl who doesnt mind getting sloppy???
do you eat bbq pork ribs with your fingers??(,holding on to the bone)

have fun at the bonfire, seaweed, when cooking,,does snap, crackle and pop!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 04:56 PM

375 posts, read 609,852 times
I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
im seeing 8-9.99lb
and it should start falling fast

Old 06-15-2007, 05:10 PM

375 posts, read 609,852 times
This was an impulse buy as we were driving by the Falmouth Foreside Market and my local relative commented about their famously large sandwiches and she was right; they're about half the size of my arm - and worth every penny. I wouldn't do this on a daily basis but once every four years it's quite affordable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
I saw 8.99/lb at the fish market on Forest Ave in Portland day before yesterday.
Lobster rolls is a pretty expensive way to get your lobster fix. I can buy a nice 1lb/1.25lb lobster and make 3 lobster rolls.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:47 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpv View Post
I stand corrected.
dan, the prices have been high thru this winter, i did see 14-16.99lb a couple months ago, demand for maine lobsters are now global,,with higher demands, come higher prices.
most lobstermen dont fish thru the winter, tho more and more offshore(deepwater) traps are being set.
bait, boats, gear, and of course gas have increased dramatically, over the past decade,,,as a cost of fishing for them. its a tough job fishing for these delicacies.!!

Old 06-15-2007, 06:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpv View Post
This was an impulse buy as we were driving by the Falmouth Foreside Market and my local relative commented about their famously large sandwiches and she was right; they're about half the size of my arm - and worth every penny. I wouldn't do this on a daily basis but once every four years it's quite affordable.
I assume your talking about the Town Landing Market in Falmouth Foreside on Rt 88 and your right, they do have great sandwiches there. A great place to get away from busy Rt1. Rt 88 is a very nice cruise, just a couple of nice homes along the way...

I'm back in Vermont and the thought of a lobster roll from that place is making me drool.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:25 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
an adventurous maine girl who doesnt mind getting sloppy???
do you eat bbq pork ribs with your fingers??(,holding on to the bone)

have fun at the bonfire, seaweed, when cooking,,does snap, crackle and pop!!
hey...and all this time I thought the rice krispie guys were so original

the bonfire thing didn't quite go as planned, it's been a strange night...is it a full moon?

how else do you eat ribs? you need to allow PMs MBM....I'm gonna get in trouble again!

Old 06-15-2007, 08:27 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
I assume your talking about the Town Landing Market in Falmouth Foreside on Rt 88 and your right, they do have great sandwiches there. A great place to get away from busy Rt1. Rt 88 is a very nice cruise, just a couple of nice homes along the way...

I'm back in Vermont and the thought of a lobster roll from that place is making me drool.
We have a market that opened in our area over in Pembroke....haven't tried it yet? any of you Washington County people who don't buy off the wharf/breakwater try it? Where's Trom?

Old 10-25-2008, 04:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,541 times
What is the current retail and or wholesale price for lobster?

Old 10-25-2008, 07:05 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
B says that at her work place they are selling lobster for $4.95 / pound. [She works in a grocery store in Bangor].

Old 10-25-2008, 07:17 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
B says that at her work place they are selling lobster for $4.95 / pound. [She works in a grocery store in Bangor].
Holy cow! Do they take mail orders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine