Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 PM

7 posts, read 7,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltrams View Post
Sorry Leiif, some of us, me especially, kind of hijacked your discussion.

I have to leave for work, but I found this on Agenda 21: Agenda 21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There's a bunch more to be had simply by Goggling "Agenda 21". The debate is as to how much the federal government is actually implementing this. As for me, I see the connection, but I'll leave others to their opinions.

As for tax lien sales, perhaps others have information. In any case, I'll see what I can dig up later today.

Best,
Not a problem with "hijacking". I think it was "forestbeekeeper", "Northern Maine Land Man" or "Maineah" that had said something about the land purchase. I could be wrong but those usernames seem to stick in my head from my past travels in the threads about land. Hopefully one of them will chime in on this.

Best,
Leiif

Old 03-22-2011, 07:01 PM

37,523 posts, read 61,561,925 times
I attended a tax-lien auction once in Connecticut. They had a list of properties that the town was offering at auction. On the scheduled day a small group showed up at the town hall and did the auction. They wanted cash or a cashiers check before the end of business to seal the deal, and the remainder of the cash within a week.

I made a few bids, but I did not get any of them.

My experience was not in Maine, though I assume it must be done in a similar fashion.

Contact a town hall and ask.

The other thing to ask about is properties that are in default for back taxes. There is an opportunity to sometimes get a property before it goes to auction.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:05 PM

7 posts, read 7,118 times
Thank you forestbeekeeper. Appreciate the input. Anyone else?

Best,
Leiif

BTW I looked at the Agenda 21 info (http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21/res_agenda21_07.shtml (broken link) )and don't see the "draconian" parts. Can someone enlighten me as to where those might be?

Last edited by Leiif; 03-22-2011 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: add

Old 03-22-2011, 07:19 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,732,493 times
Just a snip. Agenda 21 and the Maine State PLanning Office want all Maine citizens to live in state approved condominiums in state approved "core service communities". Between those communities would be wildlands with wolf routes connecting the wildlands. This so the wolves, lynx and bears would not be disturbed by human beings in their wanderings. Hey, you can't make this stuff up. Their process to accomplish these goals is called rural cleansing. They are making good progress.

Fortunately there are still some patriots in Maine who have actually read the U. S. Constitution and the Maine Constitution. A few of them were elected last fall. Maine is beginning to emerge from an age of endarkenment and some of the rogue agencies will be simply defunded.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:29 PM

Leiif asked yesterday about properties with liens on them. I know of a property that has ore liens on it than the property could ever be worth. It was the only thing the guy owned. He has left the area. The lien follows the property, not the owner. If an interested party were to pay the back taxes on such a property the town would be very pleased to issue a quit claim deed for the property. ALL of the other liens remain on the property.

Once in a while somebody will find a property with some good standing timber on it, pay the back taxes, get a quit claim deed, cut the wood and go away forever. The town then forecloses for unpaid taxes and has a cut over wood lot. It would be smarter for the town to cut the wood and use the funds to pay town expenses like teaching the kids or plowing snow. Neither towns nor banks are good land managers.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:48 PM

I clicked on Leiif's link and immediately found this:

"7.19. Therefore all countries should, as appropriate, conduct reviews of urbanization processes and policies in order to assess the environmental impacts of growth and apply urban planning and management approaches specifically suited to the needs, resource capabilities and characteristics of their growing intermediate-sized cities. As appropriate, they should also concentrate on activities aimed at facilitating the transition from rural to urban lifestyles and settlement patterns and at promoting the development of small-scale economic activities, particularly the production of food, to support local income generation and the production of intermediate goods and services for rural hinterlands."

This little nugget is the central theme of their vision for us: "facilitating the transition from rural to urban lifestyles". We refer to it as rural cleansing. They refer to gradual choking off or services and economic opportunity in rural areas as "facilitating". In fact, they hire "Facilitators" to manage all their conferences and study groups. These hired goons make very high incomes to impose their visions on us.

Never fear folks. There are still patriots in Maine and these facilitators with their fellow travelers are beginning to get their just comeuppances. You need to understand their vision for us in order to see the threats in their warm and fuzzy literature. They don't speak the same language that we do. Nowhere in their language do you see such terms as liberty, freedom, self determination and economic opportunity.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM

468 posts, read 760,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post

"7.19. Therefore all countries should, as appropriate, conduct reviews of urbanization processes and policies in order to assess the environmental impacts of growth and apply urban planning and management approaches specifically suited to the needs, resource capabilities and characteristics of their growing intermediate-sized cities. As appropriate, they should also concentrate on activities aimed at facilitating the transition from rural to urban lifestyles and settlement patterns and at promoting the development of small-scale economic activities, particularly the production of food, to support local income generation and the production of intermediate goods and services for rural hinterlands."

This little nugget is the central theme of their vision for us: "facilitating the transition from rural to urban lifestyles". We refer to it as rural cleansing. They refer to gradual choking off or services and economic opportunity in rural areas as "facilitating". In fact, they hire "Facilitators" to manage all their conferences and study groups. These hired goons make very high incomes to impose their visions on us.

Never fear folks. There are still patriots in Maine and these facilitators with their fellow travelers are beginning to get their just comeuppances. You need to understand their vision for us in order to see the threats in their warm and fuzzy literature. They don't speak the same language that we do. Nowhere in their language do you see such terms as liberty, freedom, self determination and economic opportunity.
Wow! You're right. We can't make this stuff up!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:17 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,763,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post

Okay, so where does this part fit in with rural cleansing? Wouldn't it suggest that a partial aim is to increase rural quality of life?

[CENTER]
Quote:
and at promoting the development of small-scale economic activities, particularly the production of food, to support local income generation and the production of intermediate goods and services for rural hinterlands.
[/CENTER]

Old 03-22-2011, 10:50 PM

468 posts, read 760,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Okay, so where does this part fit in with rural cleansing? Wouldn't it suggest that a partial aim is to increase rural quality of life?

Yes, I agree that is one part of what they might allow, but there is also this sentence:

As appropriate, they should also concentrate on activities aimed at facilitating the transition from rural to urban lifestyles.

Now maybe they wrote that because,as the world gets more crowded, more people are living in urban areas anyway, but I still cannot help but think along the lines of what NMLM was saying about moving people into urban areas and out of rural ones.

I guess we can only read so much into what the architects of this document had in mind.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,406,777 times
Quote:
I guess we can only read so much into what the architects of this document had in mind.
There are some extremists that "read into" everything. I've found that it pays to read more than one article on a subject. Many articles are slanted to support a viewpoint. There are also those that would never admit if they are wrong. It's better to be informed and form your own conclusions than to take someones word.
I get tired of those that b-tch about people that apply for medical or financial help, yet they call it rural cleansing when that segment of the population is encouraged to live in an area where there is better chance for regular health services, education and employment. There are some that complain about a "nanny State" yet, they want to regulate "foodstamp" purchases, abortion, marriage and most anything that they personally don't agree with.
It seems to me that under the guise of "freedom" some factions seem to want to add more intrusive regulation.
Just sayin,...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine