Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 06:20 AM

2,519 posts, read 3,416,578 times

Advertisements

I do hope you stay active with theater productions when you move to Maine! It seems like there are many communities across Maine with active groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 04:31 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,526,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Well I loved watching it and think of Judge #2 as...... Simon

Michelle was Excellent< held character, I felt like she was Alice! I enjoyed it very very much!!
~ Please send more DVD's!!!
I didn't win one for the one you saw, though one judge did nominate me. Since the theater season runs similar to a school year, that one has already had it's time at the awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
I do hope you stay active with theater productions when you move to Maine! It seems like there are many communities across Maine with active groups.
Absolutely, if I hadn't already been "sold" on Eastport, the fact that they have a community theater would have sealed the deal!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
I didn't win one for the one you saw, though one judge did nominate me. Since the theater season runs similar to a school year, that one has already had it's time at the awards.

Absolutely, if I hadn't already been "sold" on Eastport, the fact that they have a community theater would have sealed the deal!
There are alot of community and professional theaters in Maine. Theater is quite popular here. We know several people who do community theater and just love it. They're pretty good too! Our son was into theater in High School . One young man in his class wrote a play and they took it "on the road" in a competition. They won the North East regional competition in Vermont.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
There are alot of community and professional theaters in Maine. Theater is quite popular here. We know several people who do community theater and just love it. They're pretty good too! Our son was into theater in High School . One young man in his class wrote a play and they took it "on the road" in a competition. They won the North East regional competition in Vermont.
Awesome. I could never be a writer. As you can probably tell from my posts.. too stream of consciousness and run -on sentences abound.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:38 AM

2,519 posts, read 3,416,578 times
Quote:
This does not surprise me. People in Maine are intelligent, versatile, talented, and resourceful. Not to mention reasonable, humble, and good-looking!

Our neighbors in Maine enjoy going to theater productions. They recently attended "Carousel" in Monmouth. And "Guys and Dolls" was advertised in the Maine Today website earlier in the summer. Wish I could have seen it.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times
Quote:
This does not surprise me. People in Maine are intelligent, versatile, talented, and resourceful. Not to mention reasonable, humble, and good-looking!

Our neighbors in Maine enjoy going to theater productions. They recently attended "Carousel" in Monmouth. And "Guys and Dolls" was advertised in the Maine Today website earlier in the summer. Wish I could have seen it.(
Maine State Music Theater in Brunswick on the Bowdoin campus is great. We take in a couple of shows there every summer. There are professional and highly rated amateur actors performing there and the performances have always been top notch. Next season we want to see all four shows!
Maine State Music Theatre

Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,207,855 times
Quote:
This does not surprise me. People in Maine are intelligent, versatile, talented, and resourceful. Not to mention reasonable, humble, and good-looking!(
have we met? you just described me in every way

Old 10-31-2009, 08:36 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,458,507 times
Quote:
Maine State Music Theater in Brunswick on the Bowdoin campus is great. We take in a couple of shows there every summer. There are professional and highly rated amateur actors performing there and the performances have always been top notch. Next season we want to see all four shows!
Maineah, are the shows on that link you provided for next years shows or are they the 2009 calendar? I would love to see Always Patsy Cline and Chicago.

I just bought myself a ticket to the CC Symphony next week for a Mozart presentation. I can't wait. I used to hold season tickets years ago and I'm finally getting back to it.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Though I had a major role this past Spring in a musical, I stick mostly with straight plays. Who knows.. I could always break down and actually take some voice lessons to be more up to par.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post

Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,342,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
N0 no that's only "some of it".
"If you meet the "Ranger" ... you'll never be the same."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine