Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 PM

37,496 posts, read 61,484,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina
Boy Ranger, you're right on that!!! Another saying I remember is "She may be ugly but, she sure can cook!"
Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy Lyrics

If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her
Then she starts to do
The things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

Don't let your friends say
You have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway,
Though her face is ugly,
Her eyes don't match,
Take it from me she's a better catch.

Say man.
Hey baby.
Saw your wife the other day.
Yeah?
Yeah, she's ugly.
Yeah, she's ugly but she sure can cook.
Yeah?. Okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 07:20 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy Lyrics

If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her
Then she starts to do
The things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

Don't let your friends say
You have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway,
Though her face is ugly,
Her eyes don't match,
Take it from me she's a better catch.

Say man.
Hey baby.
Saw your wife the other day.
Yeah?
Yeah, she's ugly.
Yeah, she's ugly but she sure can cook.
Yeah?. Okay.
I dunno.....I'm not so sure I could live with a truly UGLY woman. Since DW is HOT.... I don't have to worry about that. I should feel fortunate as I ain't the prettiest thing in the world either.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:32 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,207,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I dunno.....I'm not so sure I could live with a truly UGLY woman. Since DW is HOT.... I don't have to worry about that. I should feel fortunate as I ain't the prettiest thing in the world either.
im perdy and i know it.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
im perdy and i know it.
Not a bit of humility there...lol!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:37 PM

393 posts, read 983,111 times
Well we had our own little deer drama here in Baltimore, MD today. This story will demonstrate everything that is wrong about living here.
Yesterday at 7:45 pm in front of my home, a car struck a fawn crossing the road. It was badly injured, mostly internally (no blood and guts). It lay just off the sidewalk across the street from us, in front of the back end of a high school. I called the police because animal control takes their time coming unless directed to do so by the police. The police confirmed that I was not allowed to shoot the deer to put the poor thing out of its misery since my area is considered suburban and not rural, and that I should wait for animal control to euthanize it. The officer who arrived on the scene assured me that it was badly injured and would probably expire shortly on its own before animal control got there. The officer then moved the fawn 6' away from the sidewalk up on the grass so it was more hidden by trees, and was now on school property.
Early this a.m. I woke up and the deer was still there - and still breathing! I couldn't believe the cruelty of keeping it alive. At this point I became really upset that it was allowed to suffer for more than 12 hours! The officer told me he is not allowed to discharge a weapon on school property! And that if I did so it could be a felony since it was now on school grounds. Meanwhile he was waiting for animal control to arrive - which took nearly 2 hours since he arrived at the site this a.m. That was 2 hours that a police officer was unable to respond to other calls of a criminal nature. And meanwhile this little fawn lay quietly, still breathing, but unable to move anything but her head. The poor creature! The gun laws and bureaucracy in my city really created a very cruel situation for this suffering fawn. And I was not allowed, as a private citizen, to intervene!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcberry View Post
Well we had our own little deer drama here in Baltimore, MD today. This story will demonstrate everything that is wrong about living here.
Yesterday at 7:45 pm in front of my home, a car struck a fawn crossing the road. It was badly injured, mostly internally (no blood and guts). It lay just off the sidewalk across the street from us, in front of the back end of a high school. I called the police because animal control takes their time coming unless directed to do so by the police. The police confirmed that I was not allowed to shoot the deer to put the poor thing out of its misery since my area is considered suburban and not rural, and that I should wait for animal control to euthanize it. The officer who arrived on the scene assured me that it was badly injured and would probably expire shortly on its own before animal control got there. The officer then moved the fawn 6' away from the sidewalk up on the grass so it was more hidden by trees, and was now on school property.
Early this a.m. I woke up and the deer was still there - and still breathing! I couldn't believe the cruelty of keeping it alive. At this point I became really upset that it was allowed to suffer for more than 12 hours! The officer told me he is not allowed to discharge a weapon on school property! And that if I did so it could be a felony since it was now on school grounds. Meanwhile he was waiting for animal control to arrive - which took nearly 2 hours since he arrived at the site this a.m. That was 2 hours that a police officer was unable to respond to other calls of a criminal nature. And meanwhile this little fawn lay quietly, still breathing, but unable to move anything but her head. The poor creature! The gun laws and bureaucracy in my city really created a very cruel situation for this suffering fawn. And I was not allowed, as a private citizen, to intervene!
why didnt you just grab a knife out of the house and cut its thought.
yes i know it sounds gross to some people but its more humane then letting it suffer.you would have been doing it a favor.
private citizen or not we all have a responsibility to nature.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:00 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,021,140 times
True, you don't need a firearm to effectively dispatch something. I think I would have stuck 'em to put him out of his misery. Fawns make a baleful sound, too, when injured. Sad it was in the vicinity of a school.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 AM

i see two deer,a partridge,30 or so turkeys and a fisher this morning while out for my walk.
and allot of crows.almost time to start thinning them things out.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 AM

That's a sad story about the fawn. Things sure have changed around schools since I was in High School 30+ years ago. I used to hunt on the way to school and walk right into the school with my shotgun to leave in the principal's office until after school when I picked it up and hunted on the way home. No one ever felt threatened except one new teacher "from away" who was told by the principal I wasn't going to shoot anyone.
Reminds me of another story from a new arrival to the state years ago. My friend had been hunting a patch of woods surrounded by dirt roads. He had come out on a road and was making his way back down the road toward his car when a lady with Rhode Island plates stopped her Mercedes and rolled down her window. With a rather indignant voice she said to my friend "I want you to know there are children in the area" without missing a beat he replied "Thanks for the tip maam but I'm not hunting children today"!
She zoomed off undoubtedly in shock!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i see two deer,a partridge,30 or so turkeys and a fisher this morning while out for my walk.
and allot of crows.almost time to start thinning them things out.
Yup I agree with you there! We have about nine of them that land on our lawn every morning at around 5:30. I holler out the window at them and off they fly just to do it all over again the next day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine