Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,175,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Humble Bard View Post
[MW, when I come back, ya mind if I sit on the milking stool? - i know it might not be appropriate for parlor sitting - but it'd sure bring back some great memories; trying to balance on three legs, tails smacking me in the face, etc etc ]

One of my high school buddies tracked down my email and wrote to me the other day. We've been going back and forth. All of our "catching up" emails begin with the same thing:

"Pull up a stump and cue the banjo".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 03:39 PM

27 posts, read 44,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Welcome Corey!

We may not always agree with one another, but IMHO, we're not supposed to in the grand scheme of things.

Everyone is great on this board!

Glad you've surfaced from "Lurkdomville."

Nice video too.

Absolutely Spot on Reloop! if we all had the same opinions and outlook on life we'd NEVER learn anything about the world around us or about ourselves ...

But on the other hand {being playfully curmudgeonly ) if we all shared the same opinions - we'd never get to realize how right our own opinions are and how wrong everyone else's is (I'm SOOOO kidding!!!)

thank you so much for the comments and glad you (and the others) were out here when I surfaced...

Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,265,079 times
welcome , bard

welcome aboard,
sit a spell, take yer shoes off...

Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 PM

566 posts, read 1,419,047 times
Welcome Corey! I am glad you decided to stop lurking and jump in. It is a good group here. Like above posters have said, we may not always agree but then again..would you really want to? I mean, I wouldn't mind if everyone could just always agree with me and tell me how wonderful I am and how they value my opinion and unique words of wisdom but they are not cooperating at all. Not sure what is up with that.
Come on in, get comfy and enjoy!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:13 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,560,287 times
Grab the milk stool but you can be sure that if you tip over on it we will laugh our butts off at you.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:19 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,471,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Grab the milk stool but you can be sure that if you tip over on it we will laugh our butts off at you.
Well said, and yes we will.

Nice to have you here Corey and welcome!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post

Aye, you got it!! that's the other reason why i wanted the milking stool...for those sometimes awkward silences between conversations or when discussions can get a bit heated; there should always be, at least one person, who is willing to fall off "their" stool for the emotional good of the clan - helps break up the ice a bit (even if the pratfall breaks a tailbone)

and as for your derrieres falling off with laughter; be assured that I always come to such gatherings, equipped with PLENTY of duct tape; just in case... (and now that the tape comes in different colors, there should be a color to go with any outfit )

Ms. Writer, Ms. Mermaid : a special Good Morning to you both.

hoping the day is as productive and invigorating as you may wish it to be...

Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 AM

127 posts, read 435,913 times
What a beautiful video clip! Perfect for someone like me to see who has never actually been to Maine but daydreams of it.

Welcome to the Maine forum!

Lisa

Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
What a beautiful video clip! Perfect for someone like me to see who has never actually been to Maine but daydreams of it.

Welcome to the Maine forum!

Lisa

thanks So much Lisa

my IP (internet provider) has been down the whole weekend (I tried to cheer it up with promises of clowns, balloons and even offers of prozac, but to no avail; so I had to wait til today at work to be reconnected to this world and it's people I love )...

Really glad you liked the video...
to help facilitate the quanity and character of ANY of our daydreams I'll continue to share whatever video clips I may create in my travels (as long as it doesn't annoy anyone )...

Unfortunately for this first batch, the qualities and (most especially) the creativity of the subject matter is quite limited, as my original intention was just to make 'em for basic reference points (or bookmarks, if you will) to use to plan out future excursions into Maine,....(I do have more clips that I would be happy to share, if you - or anyone- would want to see em, but again the quality and the lengths are quite poor).....I had NO idea that I'd have even the slightest bit of computer saavy or self confidence to make it through the "uploading process" and then share them here......[but that is where ALL of you on this forum have come into play by offering your encouragement]

So when I return in January for my vacation (only 163 days to go ) my agenda will be a bit different in that I'll keep my eye out for different perspectives and vistas to see what i can come up with to video in order to (perhaps) offer any of us an "escape" for a few moments, away from the sometimes more frenetic paces of life...

Have a Great Monday Lisa (and to everyone here)... chat with you again soonest

Old 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM
JC3

296 posts, read 825,308 times
Nice video! Nice to meet you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine