Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 01:26 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine
Should have tried it in or on brownies thickened like a glaze or frosting Elston!!!

I prefer Bailey's. I used to add a bit of Kahlua to it, but now I prefer just Bailey's over ice. Enjoyable nightcap!
Peppermint schnapps over ice cream is okay.

Kahlua in milk is okay.

Scotch on ice is better [if you exclude the ice].

Black rum with just a hint of coke is good too.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Peppermint schnapps over ice cream is okay.

Kahlua in milk is okay. Try Kahlua w/ club soda. WAY less calories and great taste too.

Scotch on ice is better [if you exclude the ice].

Black rum with just a hint of coke is good too.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Try Kahlua w/ club soda. WAY less calories and great taste too.

Yummy!.........Get outta my way keyboard........... I'm on my way to the sto

Old 08-04-2009, 01:54 AM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,151,184 times
Guess I need to make some Kahlua....

Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 AM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,012 times
That's it, rub it in. Every party or celebration or dinner or just sitting around with friends, THEY all get a beer or a glass of wine and I'm sitting there without even so much as a bottle of good mineral water! I got desperate the other night when we went see Peachie and Austin and spouses (Austin and better half weren't there) and took a bottle of that sparkling grape juice stuff. I don't miss the drinking so much as....aw who am I kidding??? I want a good glass of white wine. After this week, I need it!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:53 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper1212 View Post
That's it, rub it in. Every party or celebration or dinner or just sitting around with friends, THEY all get a beer or a glass of wine and I'm sitting there without even so much as a bottle of good mineral water! I got desperate the other night when we went see Peachie and Austin and spouses (Austin and better half weren't there) and took a bottle of that sparkling grape juice stuff. I don't miss the drinking so much as....aw who am I kidding??? I want a good glass of white wine. After this week, I need it!
I feel your pain. Doc tells me no beer/wine for a month while he treats me for Lyme disease. Rotten time to have to sit on the sidelines and watch everyone else have fun!!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,012 times
Lyme disease! I had that stuff a few years ago. We were in an RV park in New Mexico, and the place was awful. Hubby found a tick on my back, and by the time I got home, we had found another bite under my hair. Both itched and got real nasty. I had tick bites all the time when I was a kid an not one ever gave me any trouble. I practically lived in the woods, too.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper1212 View Post
Lyme disease! I had that stuff a few years ago. We were in an RV park in New Mexico, and the place was awful. Hubby found a tick on my back, and by the time I got home, we had found another bite under my hair. Both itched and got real nasty. I had tick bites all the time when I was a kid an not one ever gave me any trouble. I practically lived in the woods, too.
I hunt and fish, cut firewood, hike etc. spending alot of time in the woods. I have taken literally hundreds of ticks off myself since I was a kid but this is the first time I've been sick from a tick bite. I had a huge "target" rash on my leg and a fever of 104. It was a bad weekend. The antibiotics are working though I'm tired alot. I have heard horror stories about Lyme Disease and also heard that some people get over it without any lingering effects. Time will tell I guess. It could always be something far worse so I'm not going to let it worry me!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:14 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I hunt and fish, cut firewood, hike etc. spending alot of time in the woods. I have taken literally hundreds of ticks off myself since I was a kid but this is the first time I've been sick from a tick bite. I had a huge "target" rash on my leg and a fever of 104. It was a bad weekend. The antibiotics are working though I'm tired alot. I have heard horror stories about Lyme Disease and also heard that some people get over it without any lingering effects. Time will tell I guess. It could always be something far worse so I'm not going to let it worry me!!!
Ouch and yuck. I hope it goes well, I believe that I've heard with this if it's diagnosed correctly and treated more promptly, the odds of lingering ill effects are markedly lessened.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Ouch and yuck. I hope it goes well, I believe that I've heard with this if it's diagnosed correctly and treated more promptly, the odds of lingering ill effects are markedly lessened.
Thanks! I have heard the same thing about early detection. I'm thankful there is a treatment for it . So many others suffer with far worse pain. I pray for them. Thanks to every one of my CD friends and "family" who have wished me well on the forum and in your direct messages. It really means a lot!

Last edited by Maineah; 08-05-2009 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: adding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine