Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,118 times

Advertisements

this is to bbowser@unity.edu
I just was wondering how unity was in accepting credits for the basic classes from a junior college? (classes like math science and english etc.)
I was also wondering how the school is with helping you find a job after graduation?
Thanks alot for your time
from a mom of a soon to be freshman in college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf44 View Post
Thanks for the info!
I plan to get my bachelor’s in Wildlife Biology and when I go this weekend I will defiantly ask about career options. Oh and the fair sounds like great fun I will have to check it out! Still looking for any additional info on Unity College and the surrounding area!!!!
I know some folks who went through the wildlife biology program at UNH and have related jobs now. I only know one person who graduated from Unity and that was awhile back - now she works for the Postal Service (life happens )

Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 AM

2 posts, read 4,211 times
I am a senior at Unity. Job placement is fantastic after Unity college for most of the majors. I know several wildlife bio majors that are doing wildlife research around the country, and even the world. The Career Resource Center here is very helpful with finding jobs, and helping teach you how to apply, and make a resume etc. I am a environmental biology major, and already have a job lined up in California as a marine science instructor. I am always amazed how many graduates we have across the country, and have accidentally met many of the in all types of positions.

Moderator cut: Please do not post e mail info. Use the DM feature to contact other members. Thanks.

Last edited by 7th generation; 04-10-2008 at 03:31 PM..

Old 04-10-2008, 10:35 AM

2 posts, read 4,211 times
P.S. from my experience and others there are usually very little problems transferring credits as long as they meet the qualifications of the course.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,758 times
My daughter will be attending Unity very soon and needs to find room and board. Any suggestions?
She would love to stay as close to the college as possible.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:26 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,517,385 times
Unity is a great town, just don't run over the Amish huh? (LOL)

The college is really top notch and one of the biggest mistakes I made in my life was not taking a full scholarship to that School back in 1992. I have a few friends that graduated there though and they have done well. In fact Two are soil conservationist and the other is a law enforcement officer...all great people.

I would not hesitate to send my daughter there for what it is worth and am thinking about building a on-farm cabin, partly because I would like to do so agri-tourism stuff in the summer, and know college kids from Unity would like off-campus living on a farm during the school year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine