Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 PM

44 posts, read 93,530 times

Advertisements

Ah, Spring!! There's nothing quite like the first smell of spring after a long, hard winter(we do get those here in WI, too! ). I love seeing all of my different bulbs blooming...tulips...crocuses...hyacinth...lovely! My top favorite spring ritual: On the first truly warm day, I open ALL the windows in my house, and give it a good "airing-out", and get rid of that stale old winter smell. I love seeing my toddler run around like a crazed maniac in our tiny yard after a long winter and watch him play and discover little "treasures", such as rocks(many, many rocks)and sticks, of course. So many new things in spring. Ahh, now I've got spring cleaning on my mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 PM

411 posts, read 900,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Some roads. I'm not sure we can get into camp this weekend because it might be too muddy.

OH! Maine Maple Sunday (http://www.getrealmaine.com/visit/maine_maple_sunday.html - broken link) is a week from Sunday. Forest, your slow taps might have sealed up. Giving them a good strong wiggle might help.
Speaking of Maple Sunday... who's going, and where? We are undecided as of yet, so maybe we can meet up w/a couple of you!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,660,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
Speaking of Maple Sunday... who's going, and where? We are undecided as of yet, so maybe we can meet up w/a couple of you!
I don't have to be at work until 4 on Sunday so I am going to Bobs in Dover-Foxcroft, if I can find it...

Old 03-17-2009, 07:13 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,560,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Maine Writer - I think I read in the paper that Maple Sunday is this coming Sunday - March 22. You can google that to be sure!
You're right! It's early this year. I didn't realize we have five Sundays this month. I'm glad you caught that. Thanks!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:50 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,021,140 times
I feel better now. I saw 5 does that look like they weathered the winter well and I heard 1 blackbird screeching in the distance. Ahh, Spring.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,660,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
I don't have to be at work until 4 on Sunday so I am going to Bobs in Dover-Foxcroft, if I can find it...
Just visited them today and they are NOT doing a farm demo, just sugaring off "in the back room" of the store in town.

Not what I want, so I am looking at options.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:46 PM

467 posts, read 1,126,313 times
We're going to Steuben for Maine Maple Sunday: MAINE MAPLE SUNDAY

Old 03-17-2009, 03:53 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,347,280 times
How's the sap running. Several friends have been boiling off for a few days but it seems that their out of sap just when the evaporators get going good.
For us spring is lambing season. Our Cheviots have just started but our southdowns are finished. The kids are the owners of 10 new southdown lambs.
Also the rabbits having been having babies - lots of them!

Old 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM

37,496 posts, read 61,484,089 times
We saw 42* today, one of my taps was dripping come mid-day. But only that one tap, and it only gave me a little bit.

I did try wiggling each of my taps. The other trees are not weeping at all, yet.

We will have to wait yet further, no buds opening either.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:04 PM

411 posts, read 900,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Bob's is okay, but rather "cheesy", ya know? We were maybe thinking on going to Shirley so that we can get maple syrup on snow, candy, and a sugarbush tour. Want to tag along? We've got plenty of room, and will be back LONG before then... lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine