Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,340,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
There is a "swingset/climber"?

Ooooo!

Ooooo!

Can I?

Can I?

Can I?

Huh?

Depends. Are you less than four feet tall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 05:51 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper1212 View Post
Depends. Are you less than four feet tall?
LOL Forest is taller than I am and even I can't (quite) make that requirement.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:18 PM

You do realize that since I know that you know where the house is, I expect you stop by and say hello. That's all of you, not just Stalker. I mean, Starwalker. Anyway.......
Hubby's going away party was last night. We spent most of today with our housekeeper, going through closets and drawers and cabinets. Cleaned out our freezers, too. She had the bed of her truck full when she left, and that was the usable stuff that she's going to take to needy families. We've got enough trash to fill another truck. A friend of ours came and cleaned up the mess down near the barn, so that's done. Tomorrow is mass at church. Monday we have dinner with some close friends. Wednesday is a luncheon for hubby at work. (Hey, that's TWO parties. Where's mine?)
Wednesday, we'll be doing all the last minute stuff. Moving people arrive Thursday to pack, Friday to load. Saturday we'll clean up after them. Sunday, we head 'em up and move 'em out. Somewhere in between, the transport company is supposed to pick up hubby's truck. We won't get the house settled before we leave, but you can't have everything. At least somebody is working on buying it. I expected things to still be a lot crazier at this point.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,518,846 times
Sounds like you have a great handle on things. One more week to go!

Old 03-08-2009, 07:24 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,337,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Casper I'm the culprit....

"El, that's Casper's house!" while on the way to her house...

"Star, that's Casper's house!" while on the way to El's....

One of El's daughters asked me if you were going to be using the swingset/climber. I told her I thought you might, but I was pretty sure that you'd share! I can't wait for you to be here for our lunches and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
This afternoon - Look! There's Casper's house!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
There is a "swingset/climber"?

Ooooo!

Ooooo!

Can I?

Can I?

Can I?

Huh?

Triva:
Mollysmiles has a little bus that has a speaker on the top and it's really flashy. Molly drives the bus with a fun brimmed cap and speaks into the mic. You hear her speak...
"On your left folks you will notice the home of corgis. The new design of the sun porch is creative and inviting for 4th of July possiblities. It was established in 2008."
If you glace over your right shoulder you will see the home of MEnME. Notice the lovly window blinds. and the warm apple pie cooling there. It must be tea time and if we had more tour time we'd stop... but not today folks."
"A little bit down the road I'll show you the new home of Casper and Elcarim. So sit back, enjoy your complimentary peanuts and cracker jacks."

Mollysmiles is the red carpet gal. She knows how to do that with ease.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:43 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,518,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Triva:
Mollysmiles has a little bus that has a speaker on the top and it's really flashy. Molly drives the bus with a fun brimmed cap and speaks into the mic. You hear her speak...
"On your left folks you will notice the home of corgis. The new design of the sun porch is creative and inviting for 4th of July possiblities. It was established in 2008."
If you glace over your right shoulder you will see the home of MEnME. Notice the lovly window blinds. and the warm apple pie cooling there. It must be tea time and if we had more tour time we'd stop... but not today folks."
"A little bit down the road I'll show you the new home of Casper and Elcarim. So sit back, enjoy your complimentary peanuts and cracker jacks."

LOL!!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:08 PM

Sunday am--went to mass and held my breath hoping the priest wouldn't make too big a deal. He didn't, just enough to make us feel that we'll be missed. Had a late breakfast after, and discovered that the new city admin had picked up the tab already. (How sweet!) Friday night was hubby's going away party. Lots of friends of both of us showed. His team gave him a set of NICE fishing gear, a plaque, and a set of Under Armor. The ag team gave him a Bowie knife. They actually got him to stand up and say a few words. Saturday, we got a lot of work done on the house. Tomorrow, lunch with a friend, dinner with more friends, keep working on the house. The truck arrives Thursday, leaves Friday, and we come in to clean Saturday. Want to leave it nice for the new owner. Sunday, we're hoping to get up early and sneak out of town before anybody notices. Don't want any:crying :

Old 03-08-2009, 01:16 PM

396 posts, read 604,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablogun View Post
I am leaving AZ on the 20th. I will be going to the port at Portland, but I am sure I will get to know your DH through the grapevine :-) By the way, what route are you guys driving up there?
Not sure what route options there are?

95 or US Route #1 are about the only route options you have.

#1 is much pretty in places, but yes there will be times when the going will be slow (driving thru small Maine towns and all)

#95 is much faster, but hey, you didn't come to Maine for the fast paced life.

Enjoy the trip.

If you haven't left, and if you'd like a few stops along the way, drop me a line. I travel New England a fair amount and can tell you a few good places to stop and site see / eat.

Skip

Old 03-08-2009, 01:30 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Triva:

Peachy - You are way too funny!

Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 PM

The weather reports look like you guys are having a heat wave. Is the snow melting? It's raining here today. I'm sure the moving van will just love coming in on our ranch road after it's been washed out by the rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine