Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:30 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,454,240 times

Advertisements

I respect the office, but not the man who's going in to it. I'm too cynical perhaps, or time may prove me right. We'll see. I don't mean I'll be on a bully-pulpit every time he does something with which I disagree. I prefer to quietly seethe. That's usually the polite tactic the conservatives take.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:40 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,502,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I respect the office, but not the man who's going in to it.
Wow..I can see not liking someone or disagreeing with someone's point of view, but if you can't respect the man your bar for respect much be pretty high. I wonder how many of your conservative brethren would make the cut?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:12 AM

None of them who had the equivalent of a Rev. Wright for a pastor for 20 years, none who had the likes of Ayer's as a friend, none who agree with partial birth abortion, none who want to meet with Iran etc., without pre-conditions. None who think they're the next Messiah. None who think they're above meeting with our men and women while overseas and then come up with lame excuses for doing so. I could continue, but the topic doesn't belong here.

I'm welcome to my opinion, just as you are yours. I respect your right to yours and I'm not mocking it, so please don't mock mine.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,677,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
None of them who had the equivalent of a Rev. Wright for a pastor for 20 years, none who had the likes of Ayer's as a friend, none who agree with partial birth abortion, none who want to meet with Iran etc., without pre-conditions. None who think they're the next Messiah. None who think they're above meeting with our men and women while overseas and then come up with lame excuses for doing so. I could continue, but the topic doesn't belong here.

I'm welcome to my opinion, just as you are yours. I respect your right to yours and I'm not mocking it, so please don't mock mine.
I don't disagree on any point you just made and I voted for McCain too but hey.....we lost fair and square! I took down the McCain signs pulled off the Sarah Palin bumper stickers and stopped watching Fox news 24/7. No one likes to lose but it was inevitable. Eight years of any one party and EVERYONE is ready for a change I felt the same way after eight years of Bill Clinton. The country is in bad shape now Obama couldn't make it much worse.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:44 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,755,211 times
Back on topic folks!!!!

Remember - no religion, sex or politics, please. It will only lead to someone being insulted or misunderstood.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:24 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,677,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Back on topic folks!!!!

Remember - no religion, sex or politics, please. It will only lead to someone being insulted or misunderstood.
True we've all been down that road before! (SOME MORE OFTEN THAN OTHERS!)

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I don't disagree on any point you just made and I voted for McCain too but hey.....we lost fair and square! I took down the McCain signs pulled off the Sarah Palin bumper stickers and stopped watching Fox news 24/7. No one likes to lose but it was inevitable. Eight years of any one party and EVERYONE is ready for a change I felt the same way after eight years of Bill Clinton. The country is in bad shape now Obama couldn't make it much worse.
ha! Carter DID!

And we deserved to lose with the campaign that bonehead ran! That's not the point. Just because the party I supported isn't going to be in power doesn't have anything to do with it. I have extremely different views than Nobama and his ilk. I'm not going to 'come around' for the sake of unity. That's a bunch of leftist bullsh**. Just like we were indocrinated while in the public school systems which the libs have destroyed. I bucked that koombayah nonsense then and I'll buck it now, tyvm.

I most emphatically do NOT agree with, 'we need to be neighborly', and we need to 'spread the wealth around'. KMA! Get off your arses and earn it yourselves if you feel that way, but you ain't takin' mine!!! I'll give it where I see fit and I give plenty.

And for those of you who think I'm boiling mad or whatever, I'm really not. Not at all. I'm actually sitting here cracking up as I type this. If you knew me in person, you'd have an entirely different take on what I type.

If anyone would like to continue discussing this, I'd prefer DM's. Thank-you. I'm done on this topic. I'm ripe with PMS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine