Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:15 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,976,102 times

Advertisements

Nordic Walking Sticks rock!! Just ask MW

Old 12-18-2008, 02:23 PM

16,710 posts, read 15,712,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I prefer Nordic walking sticks to Volvos.
and they are much more eco-friendly, too!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:56 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,342,746 times
I was going to ask what the "Volvo line" was, but I was afraid I'd get laughed at. Does this mean you're all going to laugh at my accent AND my truck? No, it's not a Volvo, but I think some people are still trying to decide if it's a yuppie-mobile or just an overpriced toy. It is very surprisingly one of the best SUV's I've ever driven. Which reminds me. Would it be advisable to get our vehicles undercoated?

Old 12-18-2008, 03:15 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,660,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper1212 View Post
I was going to ask what the "Volvo line" was, but I was afraid I'd get laughed at. Does this mean you're all going to laugh at my accent AND my truck? No, it's not a Volvo, but I think some people are still trying to decide if it's a yuppie-mobile or just an overpriced toy. It is very surprisingly one of the best SUV's I've ever driven. Which reminds me. Would it be advisable to get our vehicles undercoated?
I would think so... winter roads/salt and such chemicals... more so the farther north/inland that you are..

Old 12-18-2008, 03:34 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,471,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I prefer Nordic walking sticks to Volvos.
The girls are back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
My Nordic Walking Poles are on the porch. I saw them there this morning!
The girls are back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Nordic Walking Sticks rock!! Just ask MW
The girls are back!

Thank you ladies for the reminder about how much we really NEED those Nordic Walking Poles! When the going get tough, it's time to dig them out and start walking!

Old 12-18-2008, 03:56 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times
The Volvo Line only applies to automobiles. There are many excellent Volvo logging trucks above the Volvo line and they are proudly driven by rugged Maine loggers.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:09 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,265,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaglass View Post
See, this makes me mad, it really does. Cut it out. There is only ONE Maine. I was born in Maine, grew up in Aroostook, lived in Hancock County for thirty years until last January, and I'll always be a Mainer. I'm neither Right-wing nor Left-wing. I prefer self-reliance and common sense. I kept milk goats, chickens, and heated with wood. I own guns and know how to use them. AND...I have a Volvo XC wagon that I bought new in 2002. It's got 140,000 miles on it. Does that make me one of "them?" How dare you. I mean it. I've had it with this dumb delineation.

Off the soap box!!!
i bought my son a volvo for his first car....but i can still joke about it!!

Old 12-18-2008, 04:48 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,895,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadianlion View Post
Nope. Today the correct term is either "The Prius Line" or maybe even the less denominational name, "The Hybrid SUV Line". Those things are far truer to the original granola/yuppism that spawned the moniker: Volvo Line.

OK, got me. I bought a Pompous (er...Pius, uh, Prius) last Dec. But I have to say I got it because I'm cheap. Now I have to find the right, and I do mean "RIGHT" bumpersticker for it. I don't go with that whole "coexist", "save a whale" stuff. I'm thinking along the lines of "I'm no liberal, just a cheap conservative" or "I do more than Al Gore". Whatta ya think?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:56 PM

67 posts, read 238,409 times
Hi, Mermaid, Crackly, Alison et al--just checking in, and thank you. I really didn't mean to have a blowout. I didn't. <VVBG> Very unlike me, in fact. It's just that we have enough problems in Maine, and being unwillingly divided into socioeconomic classes (it was the "us" and "them" comment that really got me) shouldn't be one of them. I was content to lurk and be a good sport and go with the whole Volvo line thing all these months...until that. I have enough issues without worrying whether someone's making assumptions about me based on something as stupid as what I'm driving...!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:32 PM

2,519 posts, read 3,416,578 times
Default Apology for this thread

I apologize for asking this question awhile back. I had no intention of making people upset.

Wish I had used the search function instead.

I have no problems with whatever vehicle people choose to drive, as long as they aren't a hazard to others on the road. I do have a few prejudices of my own regarding uppity DC drivers, but we won't go into that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine