Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM

612 posts, read 1,216,842 times

Advertisements

Oh Will...I forgot...Ben says Hi and he misses everyone...he is not getting much sleep due to the excitement... he will be a proud papa soon...I think 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 09:42 AM

129 posts, read 246,818 times
While out on our walk I saw the car in the drive. I hope the cabin did well. The japanese lilacs are going to be incredible this year. Stop by on the way to the IGA. We are having a lawn party on Wednesday at 5 for Hailley's graduation if you're out walking, and be sure to say hi to our Nic playing bball in the middle of Prince ave. Welcome to this earthly paradise!

Old 06-08-2008, 05:40 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,522,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano19606 View Post
I used MySpace recently to find out some things about Eastport and the people who have responded have been great.

My wife and I have been exploring the possibility of moving to Maine for about a year now and saw some houses in Eastport that seemed a perfect fit for us. My wife spent some time on here getting info and making friends, but work has kept her away.

I spend more time on MySpace, but hadn't really thought of it as a place to research a move. Then I got a friend request from Alan Salleroli, who, with his wife, owns the Rose Garden. His profile touted Eastport as a wonderful place to live so I contacted him with some questions. After a couple of messages with Alan and speaking on the phone with him, we booked a week in July (no, not the 4th - we couldn't get a place to stay).

In preparation for our vacation I searched MySpace for Eastport residents and came up with quite a few. I sent out a message to almost everyone who came up and the response has been amazing, both from natives and those "from away". I've gotten all the info I asked for and then some. Almost everyone I've corresponded with has invited us to stop by when we get there.

We're gonna be there from July 12th to the 19th and are champing at the bit for our vacation to begin. If half the people up there are as friendly as they've been on MySpace and here we're gonna fall in love with the place.

BTW - If anyone who I contacted posts here, too, thanks for all your help
Wow, isn't that awesome. I can't really speak for the MySpace angle, but we found each and evry person in Eastport to be welcoming and just plain wonderful.

So where do you two live now? Have you contacted any of the Eastportians on city data? We actually have met corgis and mensaguy and have been up 2x and will retire there. Certain circumstances prevent us from going sooner.

We are still not sure if we are going to make it up this year (gas $$ and a kid in college).

Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 AM

400 posts, read 795,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Wow, isn't that awesome. I can't really speak for the MySpace angle, but we found each and evry person in Eastport to be welcoming and just plain wonderful.

So where do you two live now? Have you contacted any of the Eastportians on city data? We actually have met corgis and mensaguy and have been up 2x and will retire there. Certain circumstances prevent us from going sooner.

We are still not sure if we are going to make it up this year (gas $$ and a kid in college).
We're hoping we can meet some people from city data when we get up there. Maybe the closer it gets we'll try to see if we can firm up something. We'll be leaving in about 32 days and 18 hours for our vacation (We really are looking forward to it ). We're still not 100% sure if we're gonna move - there are a lot of variables - but we're already working with a realtor and have several houses on a list to check out when we get there. The biggest downside to our vacation is having to budget $500 for gas.

We've lived in Reading PA for almost 20 years now and although the people are polite around here, they're not very friendly. We both moved here from outside of Philly where the people are rude, but friendly when you get to know them. In the years since we've been here we've only really made a couple of good friends. No one else wants to "let you in". Our neighbors tend to look the other way to avoid having to say hello and we've had an ambulance out here a couple of times over the past year and no one, NO ONE, came over to our house to ask if every thing was okay - not even our next door neighbors! We don't want to move back to Philly, where the bulk of our friends are, for a couple of reasons - number one being the housing prices, but we're also looking for a place that has more of a community feel and less congestion. Also, except for small pockets, the area is, for lack of a better word, ugly. I'm an artist and I need some inspiration to work.

We really do hope Eastport is as described here on city data and by my e-friends on MySpace. It sounds too good to be true. I'm worried that we're being enticed up there by a bunch of martians who want to eat us as soon as we get there

Last edited by 7th generation; 06-08-2008 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Please do not supply links to Myspace. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
The house on Woodman has been on the market for close to 2 years.
Key St is a very nice area, it's a street away from me and there are several nice houses for sale there.
Mitchell St is on a fairly steep hill, it's a good walk from downtown
Shackford St is close to the Library and town
Washington St is the main throughfare to get downtown, there are a couple of nice houses for sale, but it can be a long walk downtown depending on what part of Washington you pick.
Madison St - I can't remember where that is - Molly?
Water St is where downtown is located but it goes for a good distance away from town and could be a long walk again depending on where the house is.

Hope that helped.

Believe it or not, I know exactly where madison is. it's off of water st before you get to downtown(but after the chowder house).. actually that is next to the water, but a lot of your view is blocked by a building that's been for sale for a while. (the house behind it was DH's great aunt mildred who just passed)

Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 AM

We're seriously considering a house on Key Street but the size is a little scary considering the price of oil.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
We're hoping we can meet some people from city data when we get up there. Maybe the closer it gets we'll try to see if we can firm up something. We'll be leaving in about 32 days and 18 hours for our vacation (We really are looking forward to it ). We're still not 100% sure if we're gonna move - there are a lot of variables - but we're already working with a realtor and have several houses on a list to check out when we get there. The biggest downside to our vacation is having to budget $500 for gas.

We've lived in Reading PA for almost 20 years now and although the people are polite around here, they're not very friendly. We both moved here from outside of Philly where the people are rude, but friendly when you get to know them. In the years since we've been here we've only really made a couple of good friends. No one else wants to "let you in". Our neighbors tend to look the other way to avoid having to say hello and we've had an ambulance out here a couple of times over the past year and no one, NO ONE, came over to our house to ask if every thing was okay - not even our next door neighbors! We don't want to move back to Philly, where the bulk of our friends are, for a couple of reasons - number one being the housing prices, but we're also looking for a place that has more of a community feel and less congestion. Also, except for small pockets, the area is, for lack of a better word, ugly. I'm an artist and I need some inspiration to work.

We really do hope Eastport is as described here on city data and by my e-friends on MySpace. It sounds too good to be true. I'm worried that we're being enticed up there by a bunch of martians who want to eat us as soon as we get there

LOL.. I really am a Martian, but I'm still in Ohio.

I can identify with the gas $$, that's our one reason for not going)our budget would be closer to $750) as some of the CDer's have gracioucly offered their homes for lodging. Please post every detail of your trip... I'm excited to see if you love it at first sight as much as I did.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
LOL.. I really am a Martian, but I'm still in Ohio.

I can identify with the gas $$, that's our one reason for not going)our budget would be closer to $750) as some of the CDer's have gracioucly offered their homes for lodging. Please post every detail of your trip... I'm excited to see if you love it at first sight as much as I did.
I'm not sure if we'll have internet access where we're staying. I should check on that.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:08 PM

7,082 posts, read 8,952,388 times
Quote:
Great pics, Ken - thanks. Those tide pictures are amazing!
Thanks! Most of the first time visitors are not used to tides like that.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Thanks! Most of the first time visitors are not used to tides like that.
The wife and I just went through your photobucket album - that was great, like a tour through Eastport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine