Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:53 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,228 times

Advertisements

i was walking to my truck this morning when i heard yelling screaming dad hurry up its killing the baby ducks.so i ran dow to the pond where the camotion was comeing from.
when i got there i see the kids holding the dog back.my first thought was the dog was killing the ducks.we have a bunch of wild ducks that live on the other side of the pond.then my 9 yr old said look dad that fox over there just took a duck and ran up on the bank and now hes eating it.we try'd to scear it off but it didnt work.then my sisters son said git your gun .i told him no im not going to shoot the fox.be is doing what wild life do.but its killing the duck.yup i said may be its a girl fox and she needs to feed her baby's to.
he say's to me what if it a boy fox.all the while this is going on my 6 yr old is just looking on and not saying any thing.so i try'd to explane to my nephue justin about nature.then my youngest looks at him and said big fish little fish.
justin looked at him and said they are not fish it's a fox eating ducks.
brandon said to him i no what they are dummy.i ment the big fish needs to eat the little fish to live and this is the same thing the fox needs to eat to.
i was so proud i said you have been listening.so i explaind to justin the cycle of life.he's a city boy . as for my kids they no what its all about allthough they my not like it some times but thats what wild life does.as for justin he didnt get it.i gess im going to have to have him over for the summer and try to uncityfy him a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 08:04 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,363,884 times
good stuff....nature and the 'cycle of life' is far from the happy/fluffy Walt Disney version of things. Sounds like your kids are well-adjusted.

It's funny that there is so much violence kids are exposed to on TV, movies, and the Internet that they still get upset when a fox snatches a duck...it's funny and sad at the same time.

That city boy needs to go hunting and fishing...

Old 05-29-2008, 08:25 AM

i think if every kid was subjected to some thing like that then they would have a little more understanding of life.its not all cake and cookies.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:57 AM

67 posts, read 238,167 times
Default Big fish, little fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i think if every kid was subjected to some thing like that then they would have a little more understanding of life.its not all cake and cookies.
I completely agree. Most kids today have no idea about this stuff--Gad, too many adults don't, either. The closest they get to farm animals is the meat they pick up on a styrofoam tray, wrapped in plastic. This total disconnect from reality really bothers me...these are often the same people that are all for restrictions/bans on guns, hunting, breeding animals, and property rights.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:06 AM

63 posts, read 268,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaglass View Post
I completely agree. Most kids today have no idea about this stuff--Gad, too many adults don't, either. The closest they get to farm animals is the meat they pick up on a styrofoam tray, wrapped in plastic. This total disconnect from reality really bothers me...these are often the same people that are all for restrictions/bans on guns, hunting, breeding animals, and property rights.

I am very proud to be a spoiled American, but what in the world does anyone (private civilian) need a gun that can shoot a million rounds per second? OK, I know I probably exagerrated with a million rounds, but you get the idea. Yeah, I'm in favor of restritcting some automatic weapons, but that doesn't mean that I am disconnected from reality, in fact, I believe it means that I am completely connected with reality.

I know this is completely off topic, but I just had to add my 2cents worth because I am a spoiled American and can do it!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:21 AM

how did we go from the cycle of life to automatic weapons.that's a diffrent topic all to gether.if you would like i can post a new topic on auto weapons.or you can.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:22 AM

278 posts, read 699,842 times
Quote:
i gess im going to have to have him over for the summer and try to uncityfy him a bit.
Have a pig roast on a spit - that otta do it!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,363,884 times
what does this have to do with firearms? nothing...it's about being well-adjusted to life and the way nature works, and how so many people are completely detached to the not-so-pretty realities of the animal kingdom.

It's no different than their house cats going out killing birds and mice, but I suppose that's okay in their eyes, while a fox taking a duck, or a mountain lion snatching the family dog or cat, is not...

Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,752,268 times
Quote:
Well spoken- I 'm with you 100%.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 AM

i beleave people that think that some thing like this is repulsive have become so detached from life and the world around them.those are the same people that think humans are at the top of the food chaine.lets see how they rate on that food chaine when a bear or a shark is chaseing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine