Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:09 AM

156 posts, read 305,370 times

Advertisements

That's interesting to hear. I thought the grand piano was making it pricier, but it seems to be miles and how many boxes. (btw---we most definitely should have hired a separate piano mover. My spouse and I had a battle over that one which I lost. They all claim they know how to move pianos and then you realize they don't. I've had piano movers vs. regular movers and it was a world of difference. I had to have my technician in Maine make some repairs after the move)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 04:30 PM

762 posts, read 1,752,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
At least, Maine doesn't have earthquakes or hurricanes.
And no venomous snakes or poisonous spiders, either! That's on my list of pluses for Maine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
I am hoping/planning to relocate from Seattle to Maine within the year. I’m over 60 and alone. I want peace and quiet and small town life. I’ve never owned a house and not sure I feel safe in one alone but like the idea of not sharing walls with neighbors.
I am of mature age, too, and have never owned a home. I also just bought my very first car! It's amazing the things you can do when you leave the big city.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:19 PM

840 posts, read 762,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
And no venomous snakes or poisonous spiders, either! That's on my list of pluses for Maine.

I am of mature age, too, and have never owned a home. I also just bought my very first car! It's amazing the things you can do when you leave the big city.
Well good luck to all of us mature city people making big changes! I hope I can follow through and create a new life in Maine. I can drive but have never owned a car either so that will be a new experience for me too.

Old 07-04-2020, 03:24 AM

762 posts, read 1,752,384 times
Quote:
I hope I can follow through and create a new life in Maine.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Old 07-04-2020, 04:34 PM

72 posts, read 40,768 times
Quote:
Well good luck to all of us mature city people making big changes! I hope I can follow through and create a new life in Maine. I can drive but have never owned a car either so that will be a new experience for me too.
I generally hate cars and moved to a medium sized city in central Virginia to sort of alleviate the need for one. After the lock down, rioting etc. I’ve begun to rekindle my thoughts of moving to Maine for my final third of life. At this point I have my wife somewhat interested in the idea mainly because there’s a growing season on the coast similar to ours and the temperatures have been 20+ degrees cooler. So, the trade off of using my two cars vs. walking/biking everywhere is beginning to sound reasonable.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:54 PM

30 posts, read 42,554 times
“Fortune favors the Bold”...I’m 69 single and on my way up to Maine....bought 4 acres and will be camping on my land till my tiny modular cabin is delivered...I will be living off grid in Aroostook county with my 2 ridgebacks....

Old 07-04-2020, 11:11 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,394,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantatomaine View Post
“Fortune favors the Bold”...I’m 69 single and on my way up to Maine....bought 4 acres and will be camping on my land till my tiny modular cabin is delivered...I will be living off grid in Aroostook county with my 2 ridgebacks....
Yeah! That's what I like to read! Go for it. "Roll the bones"

Old 07-05-2020, 08:07 AM

30 posts, read 42,554 times
Hell yeah!!when I was younger it was ignorance is bliss...NOW...it the grim reaper is ON my ASS!!!

Old 07-05-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Thanks for the reminder. I’m taking a few baby steps. I already made one move that didn’t work out and I have to mentally gear up for my next one. But I’m pretty sure I want to go to Maine!

Old 07-05-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstway View Post
I generally hate cars and moved to a medium sized city in central Virginia to sort of alleviate the need for one. After the lock down, rioting etc. I’ve begun to rekindle my thoughts of moving to Maine for my final third of life. At this point I have my wife somewhat interested in the idea mainly because there’s a growing season on the coast similar to ours and the temperatures have been 20+ degrees cooler. So, the trade off of using my two cars vs. walking/biking everywhere is beginning to sound reasonable.
I hate the idea of having to own a car. I’ve always lived in cities and never needed one. I thought about moving to central Virginia. But I think I prefer Maine as I’m originally from New England and I’m homesick. Ideally it would be nice to live somewhere where you could walk to a few things and then have a car when you need to go farther. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine