Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:24 AM

107 posts, read 226,769 times

Advertisements

Gotcha....shutting off laptop and heading out in 5...

Stacie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 08:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,526,816 times
How fun... have a great time guys!

Old 05-04-2008, 02:53 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,342,165 times
Talking I had a great time today!!

Well... I had a great time!!! I want to thank you all for including me in this.
Molly~you tell Elaine I'm so happy to have met her. I look forward to meeting her again when she's back down from Saint John.

It was a great time having the chance to talk to Stacie and listening to her travels, her hopes, and possible move to Maine.
We talked about her visit to Rumford, and "the Mountains". Wink* hehe
It was fun fun fun!!

I always enjoy seeing MW. I luvvvvvvvvv her. She is so great!! I feel connected with her in great amounts.
Molly is a sweetie. I alwaysssss luv to see her. She's such a warm and welcoming person, lights up a room.
I am one lucky peach to have you all for the afternoon.
Thank you again!!!!
Tami~peachie

Old 05-04-2008, 03:15 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,560,287 times
We do always have a good time, don't we! Great friends, great food, great time - see you Thursday!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:18 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
I had a great time too! Stacie you're a hoot and I'm SO glad to have had the chance to meet you and talk and laugh! I hope it all comes together so that you'll be settling in Maine...I think you'll love it and fit right in!! Take care and continue with our updates And feel free to call any time!

And Stacie and Robin I adore the two of you! Can't wait to get together again! We just have a great time and I always feel as if we could visit even longer

Old 05-04-2008, 08:50 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,756,673 times
Glad to see a good time was had by all, but would it be possible to use the DM system or the Off Topic thread for this type of post?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,560,287 times
Ooops! We'll go to OT. Sorry!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 PM

Ahhh, come on CG! We got a little wordy for a post or two....BUT the point of the thread is my Maine trip and that was part of it!

Ok, so after a wonderful lunch yesterday I hit the big road again....I traveled down Route 1 to Eastport where I mainly just drove around to see...no stops. Hit the trail again and went to Lubec to see the lighthouse. It was WELL WORTH IT as it was one of the most peaceful spots I've been to yet. For those of you who don't know you have to travel way down a lonely stretch of road to get there....I did this and was the only person and car there. As I was soaking it all in and taking some photos a truck drove up. Out gets 2 big ole guys and they approach me and are friendly, tell me they are from MA & NH and gas pipleline workers off for the day and wanted to see the sights. I'll admit I was a bit frightened. They seemed nice and all, but here I was in a desolate location all by myself with not a soul in the world knowing where I was and they seriously outweighed me! Turns out they were as safe as could be and meant no harm. A Texas girl has a lot to learn about being friendly in Maine!

I continued down ALT Route 1 and have landed in Bar Harbor....of to explore for the day :-)

Stacie

PS- CG if you really want me to stop posting and move this to off-topic I will!

Old 05-07-2008, 03:47 PM

Default Trip Updates!

Hey Ya'll!

So I came to Bar Harbor on Sunday....it's Wednesday and I'm still here! I think it was Maineah that suggested I see the coast...THANKYOU. It's really breathtaking here....not so much Bar Harbor but Acadia National Park. I sat still for hours today on a rock on Sand Beach and it was incredibly restorative. I briefly entertained the idea of staying in this area for the summer because there are BOOKOOS of jobs available, but the housing is out of my reach. Heading back westerly tomorrow or Friday and will see what happens next!

Loving Maine but missing Texas a little bit~

Stacie

Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 PM

489 posts, read 1,212,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Glad to see a good time was had by all, but would it be possible to use the DM system or the Off Topic thread for this type of post?

Thanks.
This post sure peaked my interest. Enjoyed the adventure....wish I were there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine