Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 06:29 AM

55 posts, read 205,270 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone could give me some info on the towns of South Berwick,Berwick and North Berwick. Right now my husband, daughter and I live in Barrington,NH. My husband works in Dover,NH so we thought this would be a great location. My daughter is 14 months so we will be thinking of schools too. I drove through South Berwick the other day and it looked like such a nice quaint town. Could anyone tell me cost of living in ME versus NH? Thanks for any advice/info you can provide.
-Holly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM

Anyone have any insight? Thanks so much!

Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,552,191 times
I'm not sure how the realestate taxes are in the Berwicks but likely they would be less than in NH but keep in mind that Maine has income and sales taxes. Many feel that NH is a better deal. I love the Berwicks, my daughter and son-in-law live in Dover and my grandaugther spent her freshman and sophmore year at Berwick Academy. She opted to attend Dover HS for this year, the Jr year. She missed her friends and activites. There are many sources on line that you could research the Berwicks. I would suggest you start with google. I live in central Maine and it seems we pay so many extra taxes here. If your husband is working in Berwick you could maybe live in the Dover area..

Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 PM

Anyone else?

Old 03-06-2008, 10:02 PM

48,156 posts, read 22,020,175 times
Berwick, Maine (ME) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders This is the City Data site that covers the Berwicks. It includes some threads that have been started on the Maine forum. Good Luck to you.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,647 times
My wife & I are wondering the same thing. We're moving up there from Gloucester, Massachusetts in June. Things are getting crazy down here. Drugs, crime, other social ills. I am a stonemason/carpenter, she is a chef.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:22 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,698,673 times
Stone masons are in demand in Maine. I sold a property with an old stone wall and told a mason about it. He came and removed the wall, packing the stones in a dump truck with old rugs between the stones so they didn't even get scratched up. He was overjoyed at such a find. The new owner wanted 30 feet of wall gone so he could put in a driveway. The owner was happy; the mason was happy and I was happy.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:22 AM

3,689 posts, read 7,437,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyrose View Post

My husband works in Dover,NH so we thought this would be a great location.

Why would you move to Maine? If you work in NH then it probably makes the most sense to stay living in NH.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:31 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,018,268 times
Have you thought about Rollinsford, NH? Nice country feel in proximity to the area you are thinking about but still in NH. the Berwicks have gotten costly through the years as larger industries have scaled down or closed. Construction and all its related work is veeeery slow around southern ME right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine