Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 05:48 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,678,521 times

Advertisements

Waffle Alert! Saturday morning from 7 to 10 there will be waffles, ham and eggs, blueberry pancakes, OJ, coffee, tea, the very best home made baked beans and good company at the snowmobile club on Main Street in Springfield. Best breakfast in Maine for five bucks.

This is the first and third Saturday of every month and is a service of the Quad County Snowmobile Club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 05:41 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Waffle Alert! Saturday morning from 7 to 10 there will be waffles, ham and eggs, blueberry pancakes, OJ, coffee, tea, the very best home made baked beans and good company at the snowmobile club on Main Street in Springfield. Best breakfast in Maine for five bucks.

This is the first and third Saturday of every month and is a service of the Quad County Snowmobile Club.
Five bucks???

That's a steal! Not sure where Springfield is, but if the wife is willing, I may take them up on it!

Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 PM

Breakfast sausage and bacon too. I left that out in the post. Most people have a coffee and a nappy of beans while their main order is prepared. Did I mention home made biscuits?

(Nappy: in antique glassware terms, references a shallow open serving dish with no rim and a flat bottom. In most instances it defines a small bowl, with or without one or two handles. This term is commonly used to identify small bowls when referring to Depression glass and antique china.)

People up here know what a nappy is.

Last edited by Northern Maine Land Man; 06-17-2016 at 08:17 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 08:27 PM

Springfield is right on Route 6, the Trans Maine Trail, about 20 miles east of Lincoln.

Route 6 is our longest transcontinental highway, going from Vanceboro, Maine to Los Angeles, California. You needed to know that.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:16 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,077,671 times
Quote:
People up here know what a nappy is.
Good you explained that. Up to now, the only definition of 'nappy' that I knew was that it was the term for 'diaper' in England. The picture in my head wasn't very appetizing...

Old 06-19-2016, 07:15 AM

973 posts, read 2,381,141 times
Quote:
Springfield is right on Route 6, the Trans Maine Trail, about 20 miles east of Lincoln.

Route 6 is our longest transcontinental highway, going from Vanceboro, Maine to Los Angeles, California. You needed to know that.
You might want to check that. There is a difference between Maine Route 6 and US Route 6. US Route 6 starts/ends in Provincetown, MA. That is the route 6 with the other terminus in LA. Maine Rt 6 goes to Jackman.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:59 AM

I got my info from Wikipedia which is always good to verify elsewhere, but a good place to start. I have an old photo taken in Topsfield that shows a US Route 6 sign and a Trans-Maine Trail sign on the same post. Could some Topsfield kids have moved it from Mass to Topsfield as a prank?

Old 06-19-2016, 09:23 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Actually, according to the article US 6 no longer goes all the way to LA (after California re-designated some routes). US 20 overtook it as the longest highway in the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_20

Hope the breakfast was good, sorry I missed it! Hopefully next year I won't be working...

Old 06-21-2016, 08:48 PM

447 posts, read 651,734 times
Quote:

sounds like my kind of place!

Old 06-21-2016, 09:09 PM

489 posts, read 1,210,802 times
Do you guys serve pure Maine maple syrup with those blueberry pancakes and waffles? If not, maybe get a local producer to donate a barrel. I would think by including maple syrup in your menu it would bring in more customers. And the local guy could promote his product.

I've been a maple syrup user for years. Finally made my own this past spring as my trees became old enough. They say once you make your own it becomes addictive. Can't wait for next spring.

If I were a bit closer I know where I would be on the first and third Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine