Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:50 PM

400 posts, read 794,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Hi tapestry! welcome back We can definitely do something during your time here....at the very least the "locals" can get together to meet you I also have a 17 y.o. (well, he will be in July!), but he will be away until the end of July. Hmmm....I do have a very personable 18 y.o. newly graduated daughter who would show him around and introduce him to some kids though
Matt's already psyched about coming to Eastport - knowing that there will be someone to show him around will make it all the better!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapestry View Post
Thanks, Molly....that would be *great*! We can't thank you enough!! Matt is looking forward to meeting them!

(p.s. too late on the tattoo, tho, as he's already got one) --- Dan and I caved and let him get one for his 16th Bday -- it's an armband one and, I have to admit, actually looks good on him....

Thank you again, Molly!

...Sue
My daughter wants one of them too. I'm sure Sarah would also like to show him around. She has a boyfriend too, so I didn't want to do the cupid thing because... I am a cupid kind of peach. My last arrow array was amazing but costly since he lived 11hrs away from her. "gulp".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano19606 View Post
Matt's already psyched about coming to Eastport - knowing that there will be someone to show him around will make it all the better!!
He'll have a great time!

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 06-19-2008 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: added an e

Old 06-19-2008, 08:28 AM

I wrote this long note here, and my computer shut down for "updates". grrr.
So I'll write quickly.
At the next schedule get together I will come. If it's pot luck I will bring pasta salad.
If it is rainy, I can offer my "building aka code N&C" in Baileyville on a Monday so we mr. peach can attend too and we can do pot luck there to keep costs down on a Monday or we can set a menu up for all the other days of the week. It holds approx 50.
This is just an offer. Something to throw on the "table". Anything is okay. really.

I decided even thou I am new here, that I have enjoy this site very much and getting to know you all has been a smile for me. Thank you.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 06-19-2008 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: added something

Old 06-19-2008, 02:13 PM

400 posts, read 794,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
My daughter wants one of them too. I'm sure Sarah would also like to show him around. She has a boyfriend too, so I didn't want to do the cupid thing because... I am a cupid kind of peach. My last arrow array was amazing but costly since he lived 11hrs away from her. "gulp".
The more the merrier

Old 06-19-2008, 04:04 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
I have to tell you....my son who can't be there said to tell you Dano, and Tapestry, it's important for you to know that most people (teens I'm sure he meant) are not like Amy and Katy (my daughters)....most of them are normal. He is sure that if he could be here Matt wouldn't hesitate to move but, as he puts it, he "just can't be held responsible for what Matt might think after meeting them and may never, ever return to Maine willingly". Of course, keep in mind that I just discovered today at lunch with Peachie and Maine Writer that this particular son literally was bouncing off a wall in an attempt to impress a girl a while ago. (I'm told it's "Parkour"--think I spelled that correctly!)

Aren't they just so lucky to have him for a brother?

Old 06-19-2008, 04:06 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
Peachie that sounds wonderful and could really help with traveling too!!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:03 PM

Thank you Maine Writer for getting us together today. I had a great time as always!!

As far as getting together for our ya-ya's and yo-yo's reunion anywhere's will be okay.
Even thou I'm new, as I meet with Maine Writer and Molly I know how much I enjoy our visits and I would enjoy the chance to meet those of you I haven't had the chance to do so. I'm also been fortunate to meet with AustinB and his wife a few times a month too.

I know that some of you will be here this year from out of state and I know that I really would kick myself if I didn't have the chance.
I did think the gathering would be bigger and that also made me nervous of not fitting in.

Offering my "place" was a chance if we ran into rain or anything that might help people who are coming from the west or the north. I'm on a major route so thought it might help as well.

So I'm going to let molly and the group decide on when and where and just know that if it's pot luck I will bring pasta salad.
It will be great to see Corgis and Star again too.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 06-19-2008 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: added a few lines

Old 06-19-2008, 06:43 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
It was spur of the moment but it worked out well! Nothing like calling to say, "I'm on my way!" and "Can you make a detour?" I thought I was leaving around 9 am to grocery shop for T's party and then we'd pick up sandwiches to bring home but that changed when I could get in to get my hair cut at the last minute. I'm having the Mexican Salad next time. That looked very good.

I'll keep watching for the new where and when for the reunion.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:42 AM

Exclamation We have to make a plan before summer is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
It was spur of the moment but it worked out well! Nothing like calling to say, "I'm on my way!" and "Can you make a detour?" I thought I was leaving around 9 am to grocery shop for T's party and then we'd pick up sandwiches to bring home but that changed when I could get in to get my hair cut at the last minute. I'm having the Mexican Salad next time. That looked very good.

I'll keep watching for the new where and when for the reunion.
(hehe) so you have that and I'll copy. Just like yesterday.

Corgis started this Thread, and since we weren't able to make a go of it in June, we should never give up. ( I believe I heard that in highschool in history class)
So Corgis, we will work with you to create a date. I know that we cannot get a huge get together like is wished but having a few of them so other's who are coming to the area won't miss out on getting together.
I will leave this up to you since you are the author of this ya ya thread and I will cheer you on.

Narrowing this down would be like questions like

What month can you come to the area?

Days or Nights?

Week days or Weekends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Time to start thinking about it.

We need a head count
We need a date
We need a gathering place
We need to see how many can accomadate overnight people
We need to figure out what kind of first annual reunion we want
We need to start early so we can make travel plans.
We need to figure out how long the reunion should be - weekend or just an afternoon
Do we want to have it during one of the festivals?

I can sleep three people at our house in Eastport.

The WACO diner has a great deck that we can reserve part of.

I'm completely open on the date - I'll be there from May 25 to November 17

I think the first week in July should be out, since it's the big July 4 celebration and the city is crowded to bursting.

Depending on the date we choose, I don't know if mensaguy will be there or not.

I'm sure Ms. Molly will be able to give even more details on everything from where to stay to what to do when she's back on here.

Ideas????
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
We won't be up until the Salmon Festival in September. Can we have another get together then?? Puhhhhleeeezzzzeeeee???????????
I hope will have a nice turn out too. I know we all enjoy reading and conversing back and forth so it would be a good time for all of us who can make the drive.
* I know that everytime I meet the people from here, it's a fantastic time and we all have the sight in common to make it that much more fun.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 06-20-2008 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine