Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 12:41 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,681,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
Sorry, you are totally right. It is just a quote. I shouldn't have said anything. It just struck me in a dark spot. I'll go away now.
NO! don't go away txmom! If something hurts you please do speak out! How else will we know where to draw the line with off topics like this! No one wants to hurt anyone! If you read something that brings back a bad memory and makes your stomach knot up we SHOULD be aware of it.
I was probably flippant too with the mind reader comment. I just wanted you to understand that no one meant anything personal or malacious. If we seemed cavalier or jovial about a terrible act you have been subjected to it was only because we were unaware of your thoughts and feelings. We all thought it was strange that the subject wasn't addressed very seriously in that context from the bible.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:19 PM

444 posts, read 929,407 times
Sorry Forest...I do enjoy your quotes. I need to get a life and stop being so d*** sensitive!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
NO! don't go away txmom! If something hurts you please do speak out! How else will we know where to draw the line with off topics like this! No one wants to hurt anyone! If you read something that brings back a bad memory and makes your stomach knot up we SHOULD be aware of it.
I was probably flippant too with the mind reader comment. I just wanted you to understand that no one meant anything personal or malacious. If we seemed cavalier or jovial about a terrible act you have been subjected to it was only because we were unaware of your thoughts and feelings. We all thought it was strange that the subject wasn't addressed very seriously in that context from the bible.
Thanks Maineah

Old 07-02-2008, 01:32 PM

48,156 posts, read 22,020,175 times
Since rape is such a common experience for women and since it is such a horrendous violent act....you don't have to be a mind reader to know that it isnt a subject for joking and if you do make a joke to a group of three women, you are probably hurting a victim.

Victims shouldnt have to apologize or explain that they are hurt and offended by insensitivity, anymore than a Jew should have to explain that anti semetic jokes offend them or a black person that racist humor hurts them.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:37 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,430,011 times
I, too, am a victim. I was not offended in the least. I've read much worse in the Bible. It's there - it's a fact - Forest didn't write it.

I don't think we need to blow this out of proportion, Friends.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I, too, am a victim. I was not offended in the least. I've read much worse in the Bible. It's there - it's a fact - Forest didn't write it.

I don't think we need to blow this out of proportion, Friends.
Wow, you are truly an inspiration - so level-headed and sensible.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:52 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,390,517 times
"To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts expressed ~ That can make life a garden."
-Goethe

Old 07-02-2008, 01:54 PM

48,156 posts, read 22,020,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
"To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts expressed ~ That can make life a garden."
-Goethe
Dear Msina, You have no idea how much I treasure your wisdom and the joy of knowing you, even if it is only on line! I needed that.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,390,517 times
Aw Shucks,........ You are the nicest group of people, I'm so glad I get to read your posts. I'm always learning something new here. I really enjoy the "Deep Thoughts"

Old 07-02-2008, 03:12 PM

37,476 posts, read 61,444,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
All right then, those of us who have been subjected to this particular type of violence certainly don't want to read about it on city data
I do apologize.

Once long ago, I was at a congregation where the question arose of "How exactly were folks expected to find a wife during the Biblical era?"

So we did a project of reading through the Bible to find every instance, I have preserved that listing for a few years.

It was my hope that by sharing this listing, folks here on CD might find it interesting.

I did not intend any hurt to anyone by sharing that list on CD.

I apologize, and I do hope that I my offence can be forgiven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine