Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 03:07 PM

124 posts, read 373,564 times

Advertisements

My lease ends in November and I was wondering if moving then would be a good idea. How much snow is on the ground at that point (if any snow at all has fallen?). How cold does it usually get at that point of the year?

Or should I just plan on signing a 6 month lease in November and moving to Maine in May/June of next year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 04:06 PM

19,989 posts, read 30,484,771 times
November- it depends on the year, a few years back I was still playing golf, even after thanksgiving
the last couple yrs it has been colder- sometimes getting some snow fall-

it more has to do with you- November is the gateway month into December- the start of winter- it does get cold and can snow.. a lot

moving in next june, its a beautiful month- this will be so much more upbeat- no worriesaboutdriving a car in an ice storm, moving when things might be slippery..

if you are quite eager and hearty- then by all means...move up her in November...

Old 06-09-2014, 09:38 AM

49 posts, read 105,837 times
mainebrokerman, you are so on par. Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about. I fully agree with him. We moved in late April/Early May and thankfully we were super lucky the sellers agreed to our terms. Otherwise we'd have been moving in March. Yikes.
iluvwriting, where in Maine are you considering? The weather does vary a bit depending on where you are going. I'm in the mid-coast (Knox county) It's a gamble moving in November but you could do it just expect cooler temps, possible snow or rain or both. We got hit early this past winter but the year before, we didn't get any real snow until December and then it just went downhill from there. Good luck!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:03 AM

23,046 posts, read 28,586,784 times
As Mainebrokerman said, it varies from year to year. But most years it tends to start snowing the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Some years, we've had to cut trick or treating short due to snowfall. Other years, it's getting close to Christmas before we see the first snow.

Last year, we were able to trick or treat in light jackets, and we had our first good snow the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:31 AM

1,976 posts, read 5,258,532 times
Move when it's right for you and the sellers of the house you ultimately buy, I have buyers and sellers transact business the week between Christmas and New Year's, July 4th week, the day after Memorial Week, etc. With the exception of a snowstorm, movers know how to drive with your goods and make it happen every week of the year. While it's true more homes are sold in better weather, there is no bad time to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine