Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:32 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Pissah View Post
I prefer "you can't there from here"
My favorite too. Retiredtinbender has a wicked one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 11:41 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,872 times
i spoke to a very nice realtor from Maine on the phone, she told me last winter was brutal, and long......there in Maine, as well as the heating costs being thru the roof, with only oil heat mostly available in homes

Old 05-27-2014, 09:08 AM

337 posts, read 430,203 times
My wife and I also just returned from a weekend there over the 17th. We had made arrangements to meet with a realtor in the Sanford area. We toured two homes which were experiments just to help us determine our basic size and age requirements. She was very nice and informative. We explained that we were not ready to buy until late Fall but she said that would be no problem and her firm would be happy to meet us as many times as it took to help us make a decision. Very nice, indeed. And, we, too, found "Marden's" which reminded us a lot of an old store called "Railway Salvage" from many years ago here in Northern CT. There were some gems amongst the clutter if you looked hard. It was a popular place. We also ate at the "Bull and Claw" on Rt 1. Because it was early in the season it wasn't too crowded with out-of-towners like us, mostly locals from what we could see. We also ate at a few small places as we visited about 15 properties on our own. We certainly contributed to the ecomony of Maine's gas stations, that's for sure.

We'll be returning every 6 weeks or so isolating another community until we discover the one we like the best. What fun!

Rome

Old 05-28-2014, 07:57 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,765 times
Default ...just right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffler View Post
We'll be returning every 6 weeks or so isolating another community until we discover the one we like the best. What fun!

Rome
That's great. I enjoyed reading your travels and do hope the two of you find something that settles you in.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:15 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,633,506 times
mesclun88 a few potential properties but we are returning at the end of June to look at some more.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:19 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
i spoke to a very nice realtor from Maine on the phone, she told me last winter was brutal, and long......there in Maine, as well as the heating costs being thru the roof, with only oil heat mostly available in homes
What kind of a realtor would say that??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine