Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:46 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the thread & posts!

Thank you BACKTONE! YUM YUM!!

And MSINA, I am a peanut butter fan, so this looks GREAT!!

Thank you all!

Have a great one!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Ina's Peanut Butter Fudge

4 cups sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup (white karo)
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup evaporated milk
1 TBLSP. vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
3 heaping TBLSP. Marshmallow fluff

Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan

In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches 242.5 degrees F. (between soft and hard ball stages).

Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients, Beat with a large wooden spoon until it starts to stiffen. Pour into the pan and let harden.

You can Swap out the peanut butter for 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips for chocolate fudge or even use PURE maple syrup for maple fudge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 11:11 AM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
At the end of the manufacturing process the area around the plant smells delightful. At the beginning of the process, when they are rendering the initial ingredients, the smell is something else entirely.
ewwwwww.... I hadn't thought of the smell. I'm a meat eater. I have no problem skinning, gutting, plucking and butchering. I have a cast iron stomach. BUT! I can't get past what Jello's made of. Picture what it is when it starts, then imagine it wiggling on your plate like it's trying to come back to life...ewww.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:46 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Do I want to ask what jello is made of, and do I want to admit I don't know? It suddenly occurs to me from what you said that it may be OUT of our vegetarian permanently. Please tell me it's not what I think it is........

Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Ok, I don't want to hear. I just looked it up. I was right. We are NEVER feeding our kids Jello again!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 02:46 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Ok, I don't want to hear. I just looked it up. I was right. We are NEVER feeding our kids Jello again!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!
If you don't want to eat jello/gelatin, there are some other foods you'll have to avoid as well:

Gelatin is a common ingredient in foods because it is so versatile. It can be used as a gelling agent (as in Jell-O), as a thickener, an emulsifier, and a stabilizer. You'll find it in a variety of foods, from yogurt to chewing gum. Here is a list of some other foods that commonly contain gelatin:
  • gummy bears
  • sour cream
  • cream cheese
  • cake icing and frosting
  • marshmallows
  • soups, sauces and gravies
  • canned ham and chicken
  • corned beef
  • sausage
Gelatin is even used to make the coating for pills that makes them easier to swallow. It's also in ice-cream*, meat aspics, cosmetics, lozenges, and ointments.

*(Not necessarily ALL ice-cream. Carageenan {seaweed} is often used as a substitute.)

I'd say just fuhgedabout it and enjoy. You'd go crazy trying to not eat anything with gelatin.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:06 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
I don't know what it is....it's buried somewhere deep in my mind, and it's staying there....when I disected the fetal pig in HS biology I didn't eat meat or pork for a long time, because I could find a vein or something.....I let myself get hung up on it....never again!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I don't know what it is....it's buried somewhere deep in my mind, and it's staying there....when I disected the fetal pig in HS biology I didn't eat meat or pork for a long time, because I could find a vein or something.....I let myself get hung up on it....never again!
Understandable- I flunked Biology, couldn't even disect a worm, nevermind a frog or anything larger. Really got turned off when cutting up some venison someone had given me, because of the veins.

I just try not to think about it.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times
Ugh I wouldn't even take biology. Took high school chemistry and AP chemistry instead.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
Ugh I wouldn't even take biology. Took high school chemistry and AP chemistry instead.
I switched to Chem and Physics. Organic Chem in college. I have partially overcome my objections to cutting up frogs. Frog legs are delicious.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:55 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Biology was a requirement...I also took chemistry and physics....I loved physics!

I'm hoping that it will clear off and be nice tomorrow so I can make some fudge!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: