Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:16 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
I might suggest you buy some and cut it to suit your tastes. Maybe some place down around Cherryfield or Harrington might have what you are looking for. They have a large southern influx, and you can get real Coca Cola in glass bottles at a store in Cherryfield.
c.h. mathews?
that store has been in the same family for over 100 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 05:08 AM

885 posts, read 1,495,955 times
where are they located?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namder1 View Post
where are they located?
i was answering another post,,,, its a nice little store in cherryfield ,,but i doubt they'd have what you are looking for displayed

namber you have quite a few stores near you and good meat departments

herring bros has a meat market, in guilford,,another one called countryside butchers just beyong them
a save a lot, a shaws, a hannaford, guilford iga, and my fav p and l country store in dexter

im just trying to help you out- but you probly wont find a fresh cut called that - the hispanic population is low in maine..

but if that description means thin sliced meat- you can get that anywhere-just ask,(for a tender thin sliced steak),from what i've read,,,there's not one muscle this steak comes from-its like the term "london broil" thats more of a cooking method than a steak

if you are looking for skirt steak,(i believe they mentioned skirt steak in one of these articles-its one source not the source),, call scott at... bears one stop.... in newport.

if i were looking for thin sliced tender steak , id ask for thin sliced top-butt sirloin-most stores would have this

Old 07-20-2013, 04:53 AM

885 posts, read 1,495,955 times
Herrings does have tri tip MaineB....but rarely and its WAY too expensive to order......I will try these other places tho. Thanks!!!

Old 07-20-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Herrings does have tri tip MaineB....but rarely and its WAY too expensive to order......I will try these other places tho. Thanks!!!
just a suggestion- but this is how i would ask,, tell them (a meatcutter) them from a "top-butt sirloin"
you want a thin sliced steak (after they take a cap, or coulotte off)

good luck- if i lived closer- i'd cut you one myself

Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
NOT!! Carne asada is a cheap cut and also cut very thin beef........at least that's how all my Mexican friends and also the Mexican meat markets sell it in California. It's certainly NOT a roast....LOL!!!! Tri tip on the other hand IS a roast.........
It doesn't have to be, but it could be...the point was that 'carne asada' is not a particular cut of meat but (as MBM pointed out) rather a method of cooking it. It could be any cut, and not necessarily beef...especially if you would *prefer* something else.

You could buy any cut of steak that you like, slice it across the grain into strips, marinate it in your choice of sauce/spices and then grill it.

I wouldn't do this to a good cut like tenderloin or NY Strip. It's usually done with less expensive and tougher cuts- slicing it thin and across the grain makes a tough (cheap) cut easier to chew, marinating it also helps to break down the tough fiber to further tenderize it, and the choice of spices (particularly chile peppers) and the method of cooking (grill) can enhance the usefullness of a piece of meat that has gone past its prime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine