Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:07 AM

278 posts, read 656,448 times

Advertisements

Open mouth, insert foot. I don't care about politics. But this guy is really not impressing me with his debating style .

Quote:
Referring to Assistant Senate Majority Leader Troy Jackson of Allagash, who gave his party's response to the Republican governor's latest budget proposal, LePage said: "Sen. Jackson claims to be for the people, but he's the first one to give it to the people without providing Vaseline."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:03 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,202,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddei63 View Post
Open mouth, insert foot. I don't care about politics. But this guy is really not impressing me with his debating style .
Yeah, what impresses me more are the slick, greasy, completely unprincipled politicians that infest Washington and Augusta.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:46 AM

534 posts, read 905,280 times
The "gov" comes across as a crass, loudmouth bully in the manner of Morton Downey jr; sound byte explanations, mens room wisdom, and worst of all an appearance that only his way is the correct one and all others are stupid.

But thats the view of this mainer living in exile for now. If you good citizens of maine could kindly vote him out of office and allow him back to his retail empire, I would hurry my return to where life is as it could be.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:52 AM

278 posts, read 656,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
Yeah, what impresses me more are the slick, greasy, completely unprincipled politicians that infest Washington and Augusta.
I'm not defending anyone else (Washington or Augusta). LePage stands on his own.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:15 AM

793 posts, read 1,343,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
The "gov" comes across as a crass, loudmouth bully in the manner of Morton Downey jr; sound byte explanations, mens room wisdom, and worst of all an appearance that only his way is the correct one and all others are stupid.
He comes across as a petulant child to me.

But I have to admit, his antics are starting to make me giggle. He's becoming a clown.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I'm not defending anyone else (Washington or Augusta). LePage stands on his own.
No I didn't expect that you were defending the rest, I was only trying to say that is why LePage is where he is. It is because of what the rest of them are. When looking at the typical politician, then seeking a contrast, well... LePage is certainly that. Love him or hate him, he is what he is. He doesn't change like a chameleon whenever convenient, or fail to take a principled stand (his principles of course).

I wasn't living in Maine when he was elected, so can't take credit or blame.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM

885 posts, read 1,495,773 times
Not crazy about him either. Speaking as an independent conservative I must admit that although I don't agree with a lot of his policies, at least you have to give him credit for not backing down for what he believes to be right. As far as voting him out, I don't see anyone in the state any better. Certainly no democrat is up to the job. Hopefully some day someone will stand up and fight for what the people want.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:07 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,312 times
Quote:

Hasn't LePage heard of Astro-Glide? Vaseline? It isn't 1955.
He is an embarrassment to Mainers everywhere.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Hasn't LePage heard of Astro-Glide? Vaseline? It isn't 1955.
He is an embarrassment to Mainers everywhere.
Because he hadn't heard of Astro-Glide? I'm not the least bit embarrassed by him.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:00 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,978 times
Quote:
Well I guess the first thing is to figure out if he is telling the truth, from what I see most of the politicians in augusta and DC are more than willing to bend the tax payers over without the benifit of lube.

bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine