Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,732,619 times

Advertisements

Is there anything to do in Moosehead Lake? I'm also looking for places to eat, shop, and get a pedicure. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 09:38 PM

361 posts, read 924,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Is there anything to do in Moosehead Lake? I'm also looking for places to eat, shop, and get a pedicure. Thanks.
Nah, all you can do up there is hike, fish, explore one of the few isolated areas east of the Mississippi, and witness the thousands of species of plants and animals along with the natural beauty of the wilderness. My parents used to always take me up there on my birthday when I was little - it was like being Clockwork Organed. The rural carnage I was forced to witness was truly unimaginable. I could just feel my internal organs slowly starting to collapse under the oppresive stench of fresh air.

Don't even get me started on their lack of waxing facilities...

The place was like Stalingrad. Avoid it at all costs.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:48 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,795,635 times
I know a guide who could feed you a gourmet meal on the end of a sand bar. You can shop at he general store on the Moose River in Rockwood. They have everything you need. The guide can give you a pedicure if you really need one. He might even like it.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:53 AM

19,988 posts, read 30,409,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
im sure with all the hotel/motels in greenville, a spa must be there- the place is set up for tourists in the summer, with lots of shopping options.

there's plenty to "do" in moosehead area, it is an outdoor recreation paradise

from sightseeing, to moose-watching, to fishing, boating, to scenic airplane rides, to renting a canoe/kayak

I like to talk to locals to get a pulse on the area/fishing, one of the best places to get great timely advice is at Indian hill trading post, it is a huge "outdoor" sports store, go downstairs, and ask questions, to the guys working behind the counter,,,they live in the area, and they can answer questions, they may even know where to get a pedicure, although i dont think they get asked that much.

Indian hill trading post is on the right hand side as you come into town

Old 04-10-2013, 05:12 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,577,963 times
There are a couple of VERY expensive resorts on Moosehead Lake outside of Greenville. I'm sure at least one of them offers spa services.. A great place for dinner is The Greenville Inn. It is a truly beautiful area of the state and one of my favorite but I'm not so much into shopping and glamor. I love going out on the steamship Katahdin on the lake and having lunch in the summer at Kelley's where you can always see and hear loons. We went for the camping at Lily Bay when our kids were still living at home. For nature and tranquility it can't be beat unless you go over to Rangeley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine