Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 03:00 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,720,524 times

Advertisements

Today I received from the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife a "corrected boat registration". The IF&W has decided my boat is 16 feet long, not 18. I own a Maritime Skiff Model 1890 It is 18 feet long and 90 inches wide. It's a seaworthy dry riding boat.

I called IF&W and told the nice lady that there was an error. She put me on hold for quite a while and finally a man came on the line. He was very unhappy with his any deer permit. I sympathized with him. He ranted on a while and I told him his deer permit problem was nothing compared to my problem. IF&W had shortened my boat by two feet!.

I said that it must be time for a coffee break in Augusta and the nice lady just put these two sportsmen together like dropping two tomcats into a burlap sack to see what happened next. We said our polite goodbyes and we each called IF&W back. The phone rang a while and finally the nice lady answered. I told her she would be hearing form a sportsman unhappy with his any deer permit. She wondered how I knew that and I told her we had just been chatting. There are lots of partridge in his area this year too, but I digress.

I told the nice lady I could explain the whole thing. The guy who used to own my boat simply walked into his town office and flopped a yellow boat registration down on the desk and said he wanted to renew his registration. It was an old one from when he owned my boat 8 years ago. The town clerk down there in Falmouth typed in the info and issued a registration.

The nice lady at IF&W told me just to keep my correct registration and forget the whole thing. They would have a chat with the clerk in Falmouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine