Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 05:17 PM

26 posts, read 38,142 times

Advertisements

I have been searching online and not finding much info in Rockland or in Belfast either one. I am thinking of renting there awhile and maybe moving permanently. Anyone able to give me some info on the area?

Last edited by Maineevent1947; 07-04-2012 at 05:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 09:09 PM

1,885 posts, read 2,905,752 times
You'd probably get more info if you were more specific about what you want to know. How did you narrow it down to Rockland or Belfast? Have you ever visited Rockland or Belfast? If not, that would be a good place to start...and visit at least once during all four seasons.

Rockland, ME*

maine apts/housing for rent classifieds "rockland" - craigslist

Belfast Area Chamber of Commerce - Belfast Area Chamber of Commerce

maine apts/housing for rent classifieds "belfast" - craigslist

Old 07-06-2012, 07:53 PM

908 posts, read 1,121,242 times
Watch out for craigslist scams. I believe I stumbled onto onehone in Rockland recently. A guy living out of country trying to collect a deposit on a house which is up for sale.

Check the Kinney Rentals site. They are based out of Thomaston. I think they cover the area from just west of Thomaston up through Rockland and possibly Camden and farther.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,761,303 times
Too bad the Village Soup no longer exists. Great website site chock full of info.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:34 AM

26 posts, read 38,142 times
Thx guys. I have been to Boothbay, Bangor, Rockland, Rocport. Not Belfast. Will make a trip in a few months to check out my areas of interest. i plan to rent for a year before buying. Thought I would pull all the information I could about rentals before getting there.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,660,827 times
Keep in mind it is the height of the tourist season and you really don't want to be apartment hunting now.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:10 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,643,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
Watch out for craigslist scams. I believe I stumbled onto onehone in Rockland recently. A guy living out of country trying to collect a deposit on a house which is up for sale.

Check the Kinney Rentals site. They are based out of Thomaston. I think they cover the area from just west of Thomaston up through Rockland and possibly Camden and farther.

Good advice! We've also been looking from AZ & are hesitant as everything is adorned, sounds good, then falls apart. Haha, do I sound jaded on apt hunting? LOL

Well, if anyone has ideas - as an aside - for anything a bit closer to Portland metro, that is affordable then be glad to know. It is soo hard looking from here, & though we know our budget, it isn't great & thus we must make adjustments til we find a decent place. We can stay here til early '13 but would like to move before holidays are over, as weather is a mess by then driving/flying into ME or Portland, etc.

Thanks all.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:20 AM

404 posts, read 779,248 times
One thing to add as a consideration is a seasonal rental. If you say a few months that puts you at the end of summer. Some people went out the summer weekly rentals as a different monthly price for the winter for example: Furnished Lakefront home all util. included
It would be furnished, so you'd have to put your stuff in storage...and then find a new place by june of 2013. I suggest storage locally instead of where you live now in case you need something.
anyway its a option worth consideration.
Also if your looking for in a few months.....this is probably a good time to come up and look. Some places know a month or two months out when the apts will be coming available.

Smart idea to rent while getting the lay of the land and then deciding where you want to make more permanent. Its what I did, and I'm glad of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine