Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 09:43 AM

264 posts, read 759,603 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with Showcase Homes out of Brewer or Crawford Homes out of Houlton?

If so, please give me the good the bad, the pros and cons you felt you had with either builder. This would be for a Modular home. I have spoken to both (and other companies as well now) and really like both I mentioned. Next step is really sitting down with both and making choices over the exact same design and seeing who can offer better or more I guess... But if anyone had any bad experiences with either,(or good stories as well!) please share with me either on here or private message. (example... them giving a quote and it being WAY more in the end for exactly what they said would be less etc...)

Any information would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,701,288 times
I know nothing about Showcase Homes.

I can recommend Crawford Homes. They are a classy company and very customer service oriented. They will get all they can for you and keep it in your budget.

Will this be on your existing site?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM

973 posts, read 2,384,222 times
Not sure where Carl Crawford gets his homes now, he used to sell a ton on Kent Homes out of Canada. I don't see him listed as a retailer for Kent any more. When the Canadian dollar was weak Carl brought 2 or 3 homes a day through the border. I'd check with Kent Homes. They can't come across and install, but can point you toward someone on this side who will do it. All the benefit of the exchange rate is gone, but they make a good product.

Carl does run a good business, but it's one stop shopping. He's a millionaire because of the modulars he's brought in. He won't have top shelf carpenters working for him, because he doesn't pay wages high enough to draw them. Not rocket science required anyway.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 AM

37,477 posts, read 61,452,695 times
I hear all of these names advertised on the radio. But I can not give any advice on the topic, sorry

Old 04-16-2012, 10:09 AM

264 posts, read 759,603 times
Thanks And NMLM, yes, it would be on our existing site.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:43 AM

5 posts, read 8,819 times
Here at the jersey Shore we are looking to go modular too. I've heard shopping in Pa or DE can save you $. Anyone have experiences good or bad with any company's out there? Ideas on how to haggle to get the most for your $$. Thanks for any info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: