Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,744 times

Advertisements

Transylvania by the sea: Washington County rich in ghost stories

Transylvania by the sea: Washington County rich in ghost stories — Maine Living — Bangor Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 02:29 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Hate Evil Hall?

What an odd name to give to a child. Why did they name him that? (Aside from the obvious that they apparently "hate evil".) Why would they choose that over, say, "William", or whatever name was "in" those days.

Is there a story behind that name or is it the equivalent to modern day names like "Moon Unit Zappa" and "Apple"?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:59 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Hate Evil Hall?

What an odd name to give to a child. Why did they name him that? (Aside from the obvious that they apparently "hate evil".) Why would they choose that over, say, "William", or whatever name was "in" those days.

Is there a story behind that name or is it the equivalent to modern day names like "Moon Unit Zappa" and "Apple"?
My guess is too many shots of rum. Or chewing on the "wildwood weed".

Old 10-28-2011, 04:03 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
And i will never be set free, as long as im the ghost that you cant see

Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 PM

570 posts, read 1,340,102 times
Perfect name for a ghost story!

Old 10-28-2011, 11:57 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
How cool!! I love ghost stories. When I used to go to Key West a lot I stayed at a haunted mansion. Before I knew of the stories of 'hauntings', I think it was the first time I was there, I woke up from the sound of someone moving furniture around upstairs. I just assumed it was the early morning crew setting up for breakfast. Got up in the morning and my other half took me to the lobby for breakfast. I asked the manager what they were setting up for upstairs and she looked puzzled. I told her I'd heard them moving very heavy furniture early that morning and she laughed and handed me the book "Ghost of Key West" that was on the coffee table. The mansion had it's story in there. Thought it was VERY cool!! I go back every chance I get!!

I have lots of ghost stories. Will have to check some of these out when we get up there............when ever that is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: