Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2007, 04:58 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,881,088 times

Advertisements

WooHoo Sox!!

Now if the Indians can sweep the Yankees, it will be a great sports weekend in NE!

Pats = 5-0

Old 10-07-2007, 05:24 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,045 times
I am soooo superstitious about the Red Sox I don't even want to say much right now....

but poor Roger Clemens doesn't feel good.........and I feel soooooo bad about that....

Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,926,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I am soooo superstitious about the Red Sox I don't even want to say much right now....

but poor Roger Clemens doesn't feel good.........and I feel soooooo bad about that....
And, obviously you're right to be superstitious, Molly. All it took was for BackToNE to even so much as mention the possibility that Cleveland would win tonight, and well, it's in the seventh inning now and MFY are ahead 8-3. Don't want to get on your case, Back, just to remind you that one thing a Sox fan learns is NEVER to risk jinxing things by talking about that possilbe good outcome. Probably the number-one lesson you learn as a Sox fan is that it never pays to get your hopes up. If things turn out right when all is said and done, go ahead and have the mother of all celebrations, but ahead of time, NEVER get your hopes up.

Yes, I agree with you completely, Molly, about poor Roger. I do feel terrible for him. I really do. Heh-heh.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM

But we're in.....

tell me what you think about this little break though....on one hand I can see where they can just start to get a little lazy before the next game, but on the other hand I can see where they can still keep moving and going....and even as it becomes clear who their next opponent will be, hone skills in that direction. So, I can see both sides, but, if it were me....I'd only want a couple of days off! Momentum is a wonderful thing!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
But we're in.....

tell me what you think about this little break though....on one hand I can see where they can just start to get a little lazy before the next game, but on the other hand I can see where they can still keep moving and going....and even as it becomes clear who their next opponent will be, hone skills in that direction. So, I can see both sides, but, if it were me....I'd only want a couple of days off! Momentum is a wonderful thing!
I could start a whole new thread about my opinion of the current, um, comMISsioner. I suspect that the guy's an egomaniac who envisions himself as an innovator, so he keeps making all kinds of changes, just to live up to that image he has of himself, with no cohesive plan that makes all the changes fit well with each other. This year's playoff schedule is yet another example of change just for the sake of change, only this is not just pointless, but is really a negative. The Sox may actually be penalized for being strong in the first round and sweeping. Pitchers need a certain amount of rest, but too much and they get rusty. No matter who wins this one series that's still going, especially if it goes the full five games, they'll go into the next series with the optimum amount of rest, while the Sox run the risk of being rusty. There's more than one reason to hope Cleveland nails this thing down tomorrow. Knock MFY out of there, and make sure the opponents for the next series are just as rusty as the Sox.

Just occurred to me that the, um comMISsioner's intials are BS. With good reason. This could be a real problem for the Sox. Keep your fingers crossed. It's all we can do at this point. Yuck.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:08 AM

ayuh....couldn't agree more!! And you know if we notice this, so do the owners and managers....we can only hope he works himself out of a job quickly--BS is right.....

the irony of Damon's HR that turned the game has not been lost on me....THAT'S a perfect example of why I wish for that broken arm.....

Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,881,088 times
Oh dear, I jinxed it... Sorry...

Old 10-08-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Yesssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
this was the highlight of the MFY's season cause they aint goin anywhere in OCT except to the golf course
[above quote after MFY had just womped the Sox one August evening]

Well, so MFY did end up making it a little way into Oct. There's still a lot of October left, and they're OUTTA THERE! This is what I mean about how three years ago changed things. Now that MFY are OUTTA THERE (can't say that too many times), I've got to admit that the one thing that would have been hard to take would've been losing to them in the playoffs.

And now, sure I want the Sox to win. I really want them to win. But, as I pointed out in that post a while back that recalled '04's final out, now that we've lived to see a world championship, the desperation is gone. This year, now that the one possibility that would have been really gut-wrenching has been eliminated, it's a lot easier than it would be, if they still hadn't won it all since antediluvian times, to kick back and appreciate how good it's been up to now. The Sox won their division, holding the lead from early May on, holding the best record in the majors for most of the season and tying for it in the end, and now . . . they're moving on to the next round, and the MFY are OUTTA THERE!

Yes, I want the Sox to win it all again. I really want them to. But ya know, I've been around long enough so that I remember when I was a little kid the old Jackie Gleason Show was still in its last few seasons, and, no matter what happens from here on in, this has already been so good that I think Gleason's signature phrase is very fitting at this point: HOOOOOW SWEEEEET IT IS!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
Oh dear, I jinxed it... Sorry...
Well, you'll know better next time.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:59 AM

I love it....and you're so right Ogre....there is a sweetness that comes with the MFY's loss that is difficult to explain....I too want to see the Sox move on, but for now crossing the line that MFY were unable to cross is very, very sweet....and it's time to enjoy that fully without even thinking beyond now!!

(until tonight when I'll be analyzing Friday!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine