Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:38 AM

13 posts, read 50,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum #1 View Post
Good information on Hardwood Hill! I had to look up Beech Hill Pond; this map shows Graham Lake pretty well at low water levels if you zoom in...

Otis (serving Beech Hill Pond), Maine (http://www.boatmaine.us/calsingle.aspx?resID=4651 - broken link)
NICE MAP! Too bad it doesn't show the stumps!

Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 AM

642 posts, read 1,256,109 times
Default Peepers and Poopers

What joy to step outside last night for the ritual dog walk and hear the peepers. It was the first time for us, have others heard them already? We tripped along the dirt road smiling until we came upon a great pile of poop in the road. The canine walkers always find this discovery most welcome. But we also noticed empty salad containers and disposalable shop wipes on the side of the road and soon discovered to my utter horror that it was human poop. The pups are not poop discriminators so they were still thrilled. I, on the other hand, was furious and revolted. One of the neighbors had seen a car go up the road at 2:30 a.m. yesterday morning and apparently the person relieved him/herself in the road. What is the matter with people?

Old 04-22-2010, 02:35 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,242,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American girl View Post
What joy to step outside last night for the ritual dog walk and hear the peepers. It was the first time for us, have others heard them already? We tripped along the dirt road smiling until we came upon a great pile of poop in the road. The canine walkers always find this discovery most welcome. But we also noticed empty salad containers and disposalable shop wipes on the side of the road and soon discovered to my utter horror that it was human poop. The pups are not poop discriminators so they were still thrilled. I, on the other hand, was furious and revolted. One of the neighbors had seen a car go up the road at 2:30 a.m. yesterday morning and apparently the person relieved him/herself in the road. What is the matter with people?
We've had peepers off and on for about 2 weeks. That's peepers with two ee's. Not the poopers. Haven't had any poopers in these parts.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Had one of the pontoons welded this afternoon. Two small holes sealed off. We'll service the motor and get her all cleaned up and woo hoo it's boating season!!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 AM

We had a leak in one of the pontoons welded over the weekend. A thorough vacuuming and a little spring cleaning on the motor and we'll be in the water! I think this will be the earliest yet.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,181 times
I haven't been to Graham Lake in 35 years...but I caught a 4 lbs small mouth bass and came in 3rd place in a country wide youth fishing contest for my species for Field and Stream magazine...my name is listed in the 1974 April Field and Stream Magazine...I was 5 years old...seeing this web page is a shock and something I haven't thought about in a long long time...great memories...Vance

Old 05-03-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceJoy View Post
I haven't been to Graham Lake in 35 years...but I caught a 4 lbs small mouth bass and came in 3rd place in a country wide youth fishing contest for my species for Field and Stream magazine...my name is listed in the 1974 April Field and Stream Magazine...I was 5 years old...seeing this web page is a shock and something I haven't thought about in a long long time...great memories...Vance
How fun! Curiously the Graham Lake thread ranks 9th in page views out of 185 pages of threads on the Maine forum. As you learned from reading the posts folks are still fishing and loving Graham Lake.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Default May sunrise

Surise this morningGraham Lake Ellsworth Maine-dscn1189.jpg

Graham Lake Ellsworth Maine-dscn1187.jpg

Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 AM

18 posts, read 54,852 times
What absolutely gorgeous pictures! Graham Lake is a jewel! Looking forward to our next trip over, but I'm sure we will never get there in time for a sunrise. Have seen some nice sunsets though. Bearncanoe

Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 AM

68 posts, read 195,294 times
Question for American Girl, have the black flies come and gone already or are we still waiting for their arrival ?. I was at the camp in the northern end of the lake this weekend and, though the mosquitos almost carried me away, there were'nt many black flies to speak of. Thank you in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine