Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 12:36 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,539,238 times

Advertisements

There's another lab pup in our future. I keep saying "later" but then I see adorable pups like Sadie and think now wouldn't be so bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
here's my youngest....she turned 2 in August, the first was taken when she was 3 months, and the second was taken this summer
She's beautiful. Did you find her locally? Is that her stuffed animal? Is this is lab thing?

K bought all three dogs squeaky toys for Christmas (but we still love her anyway). Then she went home to peace and quiet. Seb has claimed all three. He lost his favorite, the hot pink, bright purple and neon orange ragamuffin thingy. I thought it might show up when the snow melted but so far it hasn't. He takes his toys swimming and for walks in the woods. At least we know it's not in the pond at the moment. He gutted the green ball to get the squeaky out so that had to go. Now he's running around with a white spotted critter that roars and he knows how to make it roar on demand. He shoved it in my face at 4:30 this morning and I roared. The collies don't care about these toys unless it's to play tug-o-war, just the 100 lb lab cross.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 PM

333 posts, read 873,573 times
here's sisters sadie and Zoey today. and just 2 days after hunting season, in my driveway

Last edited by ribbets; 02-05-2008 at 11:12 AM..

Old 01-10-2008, 02:05 PM

454 posts, read 886,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
She's beautiful. Did you find her locally? Is that her stuffed animal? Is this is lab thing?

K bought all three dogs squeaky toys for Christmas (but we still love her anyway). Then she went home to peace and quiet. Seb has claimed all three. He lost his favorite, the hot pink, bright purple and neon orange ragamuffin thingy. I thought it might show up when the snow melted but so far it hasn't. He takes his toys swimming and for walks in the woods. At least we know it's not in the pond at the moment. He gutted the green ball to get the squeaky out so that had to go. Now he's running around with a white spotted critter that roars and he knows how to make it roar on demand. He shoved it in my face at 4:30 this morning and I roared. The collies don't care about these toys unless it's to play tug-o-war, just the 100 lb lab cross.
LOL

Ummm...sorry, Robin
But that is just too cute!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:08 PM

454 posts, read 886,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbets View Post
here's sisters sadie and Zoey today. and just 2 days after hunting season, in my driveway
What cuties!!!

And those birds look pretty smart, and pretty smug....lol

Old 01-10-2008, 03:54 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,098,774 times
Quote:

omg, we have got to get them together for a play date! The monkey that's beside her used to be Katy's, and Katy gave it to her because it smelled like her and we thought that would be good. Monkey was the first of about 10 stuffed animals....she loves them! We bought her a couple of doggie stuffed animals with squeakies in them and as she got a little older they survived with the squeaky a bit longer. Right now she's got a hedgehog that she's had since the beginning of December....he's gray and fluffy and still intact! Her other hedgehog was brown and lasted about 3 hours! She also has a Hartz squeaky toy that looks like---well, I don't know, maybe a bright green elephant with dreads? Well, she's on her 4th of that toy, and they don't make it anymore! It was her first doggie toy....I'm sure I'm much more sentimental about it than she is!! lol

Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM

LOL Isn't it funny what they'll pick for toys. Scooter's father knew all of his toys by name. He'd go to the basket and get the one you asked for. By the end of the day he'd have them all over the house. When it was time to pick up he'd collect the toys and put them back in the basket.

I haven't heard roaring since we got home. I wonder what he did with the critter while we were gone....

Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,606,760 times
And here's my 2 cents.
Attached Thumbnails
Photos of Maine-cold-feet.jpg   Photos of Maine-kaboodle.jpg   Photos of Maine-gizmorocker.jpg   Photos of Maine-pookie-pink.jpg   Photos of Maine-following-footsteps.jpg  

Old 01-11-2008, 04:53 AM

Cute furbabies Alice. I especially like the lighter colored fluff ball. Is the pooch under the rocker a basset? We used to volunteer with CUR and moved two deaf bassets into Canada to go to blind dog rescue in NS. I hated to part with them after having them for just half a day.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:57 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,436 times
Quote:
It might well be... my second daughter has 2 labs... black and yellow, and I sent her son a pair of stuffed labs, black and yellow, from the Museum gift shop, for Yule.

The yellow one came to investigate, sniffed both and then ran off with the stuffed yellow pup! They chased her down and reclaimed it... not wanting a repeat of last year.

Last year I gave each of the grandbabies a stuffed songbird, that gave its call when squeezed... Aida claimed THAT one too, with such vigor that they just gave up and let her have it. I'll have to ask my daughter if the dog made the bird sing or not. When she told me that, my comment was "well, the ARE bird dogs, right??" LOL My kids don't hunt though..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine