Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 AM

165 posts, read 415,400 times

Advertisements

I need to get me to Atlanta.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 AM

46 posts, read 139,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJL View Post
I need to get me to Atlanta.

It's great, people die left and right and break ins and what-not. It really is rather exciting. I mean, if you're into that kind of thing. Which I totally am, of course.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,427,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenw View Post
It's great, people die left and right and break ins and what-not. It really is rather exciting. I mean, if you're into that kind of thing. Which I totally am, of course.

Yes, I don't know what I'll do without my totally depressing 10'oclock Houston news! No more pre-bedtime, nightmare making materials to focus on. No more nightly reminders that I'd better make one more round through the house to check the windows and doors in my kids' rooms. Without the constant reminders to "guard your homes, kids and pets" whatever will we do???

Old 08-02-2007, 11:45 AM

306 posts, read 1,036,949 times
I want to go to Atlanta and join a gang.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,427,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappycamper View Post
I want to go to Atlanta and join a gang.
Oh, please come to Houston! We're WAY short on gang memberships. Hey, I think it may even be open enrollment season!!

Old 08-02-2007, 01:10 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times
I hate it that every day I'm faced with difficult decisions that no one should have to make. I'd like to go swimming....but where?? Should I go to Round Pond, Penamaquan, or Boyden's Lake, Nash's Lake, or the Penamaquan river by the dam or maybe near the bridge? There's the quarry too...course I could drive over to New River Beach in New Brunswick---but I'd have to pay there and every place else is free. Maybe I'll just go up to the pool here in town...no, I'll head to Gleason's Cove, it'll be cooler there on the ocean....see what I mean?? The stress involved with this whole thing is just beyond me....arrrggg! How can anyone live this way.....I'll stay home and look up Atlanta on City-data.

Oh, and to top it all off, Hubby can't even go....he's got to go ocean kayaking with a friend. Figures huh?! Obligations....

Last edited by mollysmiles; 08-02-2007 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: added the oh...

Old 08-02-2007, 01:54 PM

46 posts, read 139,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I hate it that every day I'm faced with difficult decisions that no one should have to make. I'd like to go swimming....but where?? Should I go to Round Pond, Penamaquan, or Boyden's Lake, Nash's Lake, or the Penamaquan river by the dam or maybe near the bridge? There's the quarry too...course I could drive over to New River Beach in New Brunswick---but I'd have to pay there and every place else is free. Maybe I'll just go up to the pool here in town...no, I'll head to Gleason's Cove, it'll be cooler there on the ocean....see what I mean?? The stress involved with this whole thing is just beyond me....arrrggg! How can anyone live this way.....I'll stay home and look up Atlanta on City-data.

Oh, and to top it all off, Hubby can't even go....he's got to go ocean kayaking with a friend. Figures huh?! Obligations....
I feel so sorry for you - I hope one day you can move to a better place, a nicer place - like Houston or Atlanta or Miami where there are all the drive-bys you could ask for.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:33 PM

165 posts, read 415,400 times
We simply must start a support group. I'm feelin' it too, Molly.

Like, I have NO idea which routes I should pick for the autumn drives this year. We'll take a couple of them... But where? Every place is so beautiful. And so diverse... Maine has NO conformity, especially in all the nature here.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:48 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times
see....this is exactly what I'm talking about....if it were all the same the planning would be so much easier....now you're faced with the coastline or the mountains, up north where you can see for miles and miles, or the more hilly central area....it's just too difficult and time consuming. And just driving around town and seeing the trees changing? Well, that's different every day, bound to be some major traffic pile ups.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:00 AM

6 posts, read 17,740 times
I hear you! I really hate the neighbors who have the nerve to come and shovel out out driveway if we are sick during a big storm. And having to go to all those benefit suppers---having to spend all of $3 or $4 just to gorge on homemade food and help out someone with a serious illness. Sometimes they even ask YOU to donate a pie or something! And all these farmers that have the nerve to cut their fields and make my whole house smell like new-mown hay--that's pretty hard to take
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine