Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 AM

625 posts, read 793,099 times

Advertisements

When Maine went nuts on Iguanas due to folks like me complaining they finally required permits. I had the ONLY unlimited permit as I ran a iguana rescue in Machiasport at the time. Then 3 years letter they sent me a letter saying they where no longer issuing permit and mine was revoked. Not that it mattered as they had banned the sale of them thus removing the need for a rescue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 05:01 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,089,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belrazor View Post
Have fun with neglecting such a majestic species and endangering Maine's local species/habitat... while it lasts.
So, you come on here with four posts under your belt to spout off like an overbearing, arrogant blowhard, reviving a two-year dead thread to insult a longstanding and well respected member of the forum by positing an assumption that she is 'neglecting' her creatures and 'endangering' the local wildlife with a species that would survive the climate as a means of showing off your knowledge and intelligence?

Bravo! Well done! You sure done told us iggerant country folk.

Now go away. Crawl back under your bridge.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,089,708 times
^^^...would NOT survive the climate...

Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,439,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
So, you come on here with four posts under your belt to spout off like an overbearing, arrogant blowhard, reviving a two-year dead thread to insult a longstanding and well respected member of the forum by positing an assumption that she is 'neglecting' her creatures and 'endangering' the local wildlife with a species that would survive the climate as a means of showing off your knowledge and intelligence?

ROFL, now Zymer, you've gone and ruined the trolls good time. He was enjoying pretending he knew all about exotic species and bolstering his made up ego. By pointing out that Sulcatas are not capable of surviving temps under 50 degrees, and therefor incapable of being any danger at all to the local species, you've blown his so very well made cover! Bahahahaha!!!! And thanks for the support. It's very appreciated.

For the poster though, we wound up re-homing the sulcatas. It was because my husband has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and his health is very rapidly deteriorating. But if it makes you feel better about yourself you can always lie and say it's because you scared the little girlie away.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:39 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
For the poster though, we wound up re-homing the sulcatas. It was because my husband has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and his health is very rapidly deteriorating. But if it makes you feel better about yourself you can always lie and say it's because you scared the little girlie away.
I'm so sorry to hear this. That's a shame. I'll be thinking of both of you.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokemama6 View Post
i agree 100%...it's up to people to research BEFORE getting exotics.
Used to work in an exotic pet and bird clinic when I lived in Seattle. Unfortunately, it doesn't work this way with many fools. They want to have an accessory to impress their friends with. I will never forget the day some dumb hag walked in and demanded to know how to get her new bob cat kitten she had just purchased off of the internet, "declawed and defanged". GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I knew that job wasn't for me. I thought it was about caring for animals and quickly found out it was an extreme exercise in patience with morons. I don't have that kind of patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belrazor View Post
Have fun with neglecting such a majestic species and endangering Maine's local species/habitat... while it lasts.
You should probably know who you're talking to before you start making such accusations. Luckily for you, this guy already responded which probably saved me from being banned and you the tongue lashing of your life that you would not soon forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post

You are so much nicer than I am. Thank you for saving my account. People shoud NOT speak to Mrs. 1885 that way, it will tick me off to no end!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: