Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:44 PM

612 posts, read 1,217,257 times

Advertisements

Exactly..."not sound loopy".

I wanted to ask if you saw Bud and if you mentioned talking to us online. Then on second thought I reconsidered. Thinking it is so bizarre how we all are talking online and seemed so connected. To explain to someone else about us could seem bizarre or give the impression that we all are not very well grounded and "loopy"!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 05:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,110,172 times
lol....exactly!!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:50 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,439,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainer2 View Post
I agree w/ mainmathtcher....check calais area....Eastport is nice....untill you get the first electric bill ......when considering a home there in Eastport you MUST call Bangor Hydro to find out how much the bill was last time it was occupied...other wise you'll be living like a pilgrim there. Ours was $525 per month....note.....we did not have electric heat...that's for stove, dryer, water heater and light bulbs..no one home during the day. LOL Some are higher than that. Now you know why everyones lights are out early there. Beautiful town though.
My electric bill this month is $459. It topped out last winter at $550. I hear ya on high electric bills.

We're building our house though and we'd wanted to look into putting solar panels up. And we'll only be there in the summer months. Figured I'd set the heat during the month just warm enough so the pipes don't freeze.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:46 PM

161 posts, read 419,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainer2 View Post
I agree w/ mainmathtcher....check calais area....Eastport is nice....untill you get the first electric bill ......when considering a home there in Eastport you MUST call Bangor Hydro to find out how much the bill was last time it was occupied...other wise you'll be living like a pilgrim there. Ours was $525 per month....note.....we did not have electric heat...that's for stove, dryer, water heater and light bulbs..no one home during the day. LOL Some are higher than that. Now you know why everyones lights are out early there. Beautiful town though.
Whoa! We have Bangor Hydro in Lubec and use it for the clothes dryer and lights and the bill is not even close to that. If we top $70 we know we left the lights on. A bill of around $40 is more typical.

I a bit sceptical on that $525 figure. Are you sure someone wasn't tapping in to your power?

Old 01-02-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
lol....exactly!!
We really do have a life outside this forum...believe it or not!!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:08 PM

I know me too......

but sometimes it really interferes with keeping up on things here!!! LOL

Old 01-02-2008, 08:27 PM

Next week is fast approaching...back to school and I'm going to be slammed until after the first week of March...end of FCAT testing...packing for Maine at the end of March. Woo Hoo!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 06:28 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,524,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
Next week is fast approaching...back to school and I'm going to be slammed until after the first week of March...end of FCAT testing...packing for Maine at the end of March. Woo Hoo!!!
Did you happen to know Molly and Corgis don't live far apart? iIt would be funny if you ended up right between them. Guess that will meas we need to try and move next door. A whole Eastport block of CD'ers!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:27 AM

Drama she's down in "south end"....below the tracks, or where the tracks were!! lol....but she's still only a couple of blocks away--ask woxy if he remembers 7 Sons Pizza years ago, that's the neighborhood MEnME and Maine4 are in

one of the best things about Eastport is that you're not too far away from anything.....I loved that growing up. We never waited for rides from our parents, we never even thought to ask! lol...we just got on our bikes and went

Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,248,540 times
I live in Brooklin, Maine and it's near Bar Harbor and Ellsworth. Also near Deerislesmile. The real estate isn't cheap and we now have alot of people from away that have brought their ideas from away with them. Not all ideas are bad, but go slow.

Waterfront property will be cheaper downeast... Eastport,Pembroke. Pembroke has lower taxes than Eastport. Robinston and Perry are other places on the coast near both Eastport and Pembroke. My wife and I have a camp on a lake down there and we love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine