Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:57 AM

37,496 posts, read 61,484,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenheidi View Post
yes I do have jobs lined up see I am a mcdonalds mngr and where ever i go mcdonalds is always looking for good help ive called a few of them and theyare very excited to hire me already in the brunswick/portland area but as everyone knows mcdonalds is everywhere so hence the want for somewhere we can settle and raise a family instead of just moving to prtland or lewiston where I know the crime is high
McD has a high turn-over.

Our eldest son worked on their grill for over a year, and was offered their 401k plan. He refused it as he was not wanting to work for McD longterm. Eventually he quit for a different job.

Since then he has found that 8 out of 10 McDs he can walk into and get hired within minutes.

With extremely high turn-overs, they do value anyone who does not require training, does not mind working rotating shifts, and is available instantly.

He has worked in a dozen different McDs, each time he quits when he thinks he has found a better job.

I am certain that it works the same way for managers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 07:57 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times
Sounds like you've made up your mind so why ask us our opinions?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,584,112 times
I hope the verbal skills are better than the written. Using some puntuation on the job application would be a plus.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:32 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,471,845 times
Copy that.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:49 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,204,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenheidi View Post
yes I do have jobs lined up see I am a mcdonalds mngr and where ever i go mcdonalds is always looking for good help ive called a few of them and theyare very excited to hire me already in the brunswick/portland area but as everyone knows mcdonalds is everywhere so hence the want for somewhere we can settle and raise a family instead of just moving to prtland or lewiston where I know the crime is high
Well, then I'd say you are covered. If you can obtain a solid offer of employment from McD, then they have a restaurant virtually everyplace in Maine. I would recommend (for the school system) Bangor. Now for the cost of living, I would recommend Newport, Bath or Waterville. If you are willing to work in northern Maine, Presque Isle has a pretty good school system and reasonable cost of living.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:35 PM

503 posts, read 1,026,852 times
I hope McDs is better to their employees than Wal-Mart is. I worked for them for 13 years before moving to Maine. I was assured I had a job at the Wal-Mart in PI, I just needed to put in a transfer a month before I left. I did as instructed and all I got was the cold shoulder when I arrived in PI. Couldn't even get to speak to the personnel person. Just kept getting told we don't have anything, come back at Christmas. So fine, I bit my tongue and waited for the holiday season hiring. Reapplied and asked for less than I was making at the other Wal-Mart. Never heard from them.

Update to my previous post about being out of work for the past year . . .

I got hired today ! Start tomorrow ! A place that makes and prints bags for packaging of agricultural items (potatoes, apples, etc) hired me.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:11 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,204,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
I hope McDs is better to their employees than Wal-Mart is. I worked for them for 13 years before moving to Maine. I was assured I had a job at the Wal-Mart in PI, I just needed to put in a transfer a month before I left. I did as instructed and all I got was the cold shoulder when I arrived in PI. Couldn't even get to speak to the personnel person. Just kept getting told we don't have anything, come back at Christmas. So fine, I bit my tongue and waited for the holiday season hiring. Reapplied and asked for less than I was making at the other Wal-Mart. Never heard from them.

Update to my previous post about being out of work for the past year . . .

I got hired today ! Start tomorrow ! A place that makes and prints bags for packaging of agricultural items (potatoes, apples, etc) hired me.
Congratulations!!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 05:26 AM

19 posts, read 37,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
Well, then I'd say you are covered. If you can obtain a solid offer of employment from McD, then they have a restaurant virtually everyplace in Maine. I would recommend (for the school system) Bangor. Now for the cost of living, I would recommend Newport, Bath or Waterville. If you are willing to work in northern Maine, Presque Isle has a pretty good school system and reasonable cost of living.

thank you that iswhat we were looking for now if we could only get other people to respond like you did thank you again.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 AM

Wow people are you serious.I mean really the bad grammer is my bad but I wouldnt go to a website and bash on people for it.I just wanted you guys and girls to give us your opinion on where in maine would be a good friendly place to raise my family thats all.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
I hope the verbal skills are better than the written. Using some puntuation on the job application would be a plus.

so funny im not doing an employment app am i. im asking for opinions on good places to raise a family in maine smart guy. so do you know of any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine