Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
well none of there stores were not profitable then..caused they files bankruptcy and so did Goody's..... Not only in Macon but state wide......nothing to do with Macon.....
They didn't file bankruptcy. Check your facts. They are closing underperforming stores. Underperforming means sales weren't what they wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,188,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courier23 View Post
No kidding!!! lol
Thanks for the insight sherlock.
Anytime Watson!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:40 PM

726 posts, read 2,820,068 times
Circuit city did filed chapter 11..... as part of there chapter 11 plan they had to close some stores, you check you information.... Oh course they are not going to tell you that or put it on their website.....

Also in this article they mentioned Chapter 11" bankruptcy, but come on it doesn't take a genus to figure it out, why would circuit city build a brand new store in north Macon and once it was finished, all at once its not going to open ... the company just build a brand new store that was just completed last month in north Macon and the company already have 2 existing locations in west Macon and Warner Robins... So ask your self, why would they build a another location when the existing stores are not performing.... THINK guys....That does not make since...Why would you want to add a new location to a market where 2 existing stores are low performers.... all i can say is Chapter 11" bankruptcy......
http://www.macon.com/220/story/513154.html (broken link)

Last edited by yerocal; 11-03-2008 at 08:55 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 10:48 PM

22 posts, read 104,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescounty View Post
Circuit City is not opening their new store. I cant believe they would wast money to build a store and not even open it. This is the beginning of the end of the shoppes at river crossing. Why cant Macon support decent stores?
JonesCnty CANT YOU READ!!! It is not just Macon. This has no refection on the city it self. GUESS WHAT Linens and Things is closing in Savannah!! Oh no what is happening to Savannah? BJ's is closing its Greenville SC location.Where is your post on how Greenville cant support decent retail? Why cant Greenville support them? This is the beginning of the end for Woodruff Road (Greenvilles version of Bass Road) Jones County. Greenville is dead!!! Augusta lost Comp USA and Ashley Furniture. Augusta is dead!! The list goes on and on. Last but not least Mr. Jones cnty! Circuit City is closing ALL 16 OF ITS METRO ATLANTA LOCATIONS!!! OH MY GOSH, I guess ATLANTA is dying too. Atlanta even lost most of its Hi Fi Buys. Why is it just Macon and what do you have against the city. Like every where else it is affected by the bad economy. Read the news before you bash Macon again.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:01 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HephBlythe View Post
JonesCnty CANT YOU READ!!! It is not just Macon. This has no refection on the city it self. GUESS WHAT Linens and Things is closing in Savannah!! Oh no what is happening to Savannah? BJ's is closing its Greenville SC location.Where is your post on how Greenville cant support decent retail? Why cant Greenville support them? This is the beginning of the end for Woodruff Road (Greenvilles version of Bass Road) Jones County. Greenville is dead!!! Augusta lost Comp USA and Ashley Furniture. Augusta is dead!! The list goes on and on. Last but not least Mr. Jones cnty! Circuit City is closing ALL 16 OF ITS METRO ATLANTA LOCATIONS!!! OH MY GOSH, I guess ATLANTA is dying too. Atlanta even lost most of its Hi Fi Buys. Why is it just Macon and what do you have against the city. Like every where else it is affected by the bad economy. Read the news before you bash Macon again.
BJ's in Greenville is becoming Academy Sports. Greenville is not dead. We have a ton of development occuring right now. Check out these pics if you don't believe me: Greenville, SC Developments - Page 43 - SkyscraperPage Forum The end of Woodruff Road? You spoke too soon: http://www.magnoliapark.com/

Old 11-03-2008, 11:12 PM

22 posts, read 104,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
BJ's in Greenville is becoming Academy Sports. Greenville is not dead. We have a ton of development occuring right now. Check out these pics if you don't believe me: Greenville, SC Developments - Page 43 - SkyscraperPage Forum The end of Woodruff Road? You spoke too soon: Magnolia Park Shopping Mall in Greenville, South Carolina
I did not say it was. Greenville has came ALONG WAY in the last 15 years. If you read my entire post you would clearly see that I am sarcastically making a point to someone that bashed Macon because its three Circuit city stores are closing. GMAN, REREAD THE FIRST THREE SENTENCES OF MY POST then talk. OK!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HephBlythe View Post
Agree...................

Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
They didn't file bankruptcy. Check your facts. They are closing underperforming stores. Underperforming means sales weren't what they wanted.
Circuit City files for bankruptcy protection

Circuit City files for bankruptcy protection - State news - Macon (http://www.macon.com/220/story/520521.html - broken link)

Old 11-10-2008, 08:23 AM

107 posts, read 309,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
Circuit City files for bankruptcy protection

Circuit City files for bankruptcy protection - State news - Macon (http://www.macon.com/220/story/520521.html - broken link)
Well I see I am not the only one who has to repeat myself... lol
I notice the Columbus glee club cheerleaders have been silent.
Probably looking for a job...

Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courier23 View Post
Well I see I am not the only one who has to repeat myself... lol
I notice the Columbus glee club cheerleaders have been silent.
Probably looking for a job...
Lol...............No from my Understanding Columbus has SO many HQs, So they shouldn't be hard to find...lol........................................ ..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon