Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 08:17 PM

144 posts, read 936,542 times

Advertisements

I am currently a freshman, but a sophomore in credits, at Santa Clara University and I hate it. It's so boring. I grew up in San Diego and I love it there but I think there's more to life than San Diego.

Should I transfer to Tulane? I want to go into law, so how is their law school? I might go back to San Diego for a year to get a job and get some more credits but maybe not.

Thoughts on Tulane/New Orleans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 AM

595 posts, read 2,347,164 times
I go to Tulane now, I like it and the school seems to have good name recognition and class sizes are at a reasonable level. It is pricey as hell however (I go through the School of Continuing Studies so it's a bit cheaper)

I cant say first hand about their law school other than it seems like it's a fairly respected school.

I love living in New Orleans however, only caveat is it will get HOT as HELL here in the summer..if you can live with that go for it.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM

12 posts, read 59,251 times
Default thinking of transfer to Tulane?

Moving to New Orleans is a bad idea all around, it is not the city it used to be, and probably will never be. Some may argue, but here is the proof:

Infeasibility of Rebuilding New Orleans

Not to mention the crime or alcoholics or high STD rates...Consider this, how many people would kill to get California residency & pay in-state tuition, are you kidding me? The problem is you must move out of San Diego and transfer more north to a state school.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:46 PM

595 posts, read 2,347,164 times
I'm sorry you are quite wrong with the above link ^, you can keep your comments to yourself.

I'd die for this city and I'd leave this country before I'd leave New Orleans.

Don't want to get shot? Dont deal drugs, don't want to get an STD? Don't have unprotected sex. Alcoholism isn't any worse here than it was when I lived in Athens GA.

I'm sorry but you have mistaken life as a normal citizen with being a drug dealing thug with no parents to speak of.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,151,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleba View Post
Moving to New Orleans is a bad idea all around, it is not the city it used to be, and probably will never be. Some may argue, but here is the proof:

Infeasibility of Rebuilding New Orleans
How can a single webpage provide indisputable proof of anything regarding such a large issue?

I know people who have moved to New Orleans post-Katrina and are doing fine. You sound more removed from the situation so one has to question your judgment. The city you're describing is not the one I know. I can't imagine a large city that wouldn't present to some people the problems you mentioned. There are simply too many people for none of them to have issues at all. Does that mean one should avoid large cities?

To the OP: sorry I'm not really contributing here. I have friends attending Tulane, and they are pleased with it, but I don't know anyone personally who is attending their law school.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 9,177 times
im sorry but the guy is right.NEW ORLEANS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!I havent read the article and dont have to read it to know it wouldnt.All of the people that had to relocate is who made New Orleans. To some it might not affect but coming from a person where my roots lay in Alexandria the guy is right. Even though I hate the fact that New Orleans is too tourisy(mardi gras)..and other reasons people come to new orleans to get drunk..they really dont care about the people(white and black) that had to relocate. Regardless if people had to relocate or not..i think that a person is sick who would think that after a hurricane damages a city..it will still be the same.It is proven in history that when something happens to a country,island..it still isnt the same...im not sure what kind of world your living in but its not reality for people to get the same feeling after a tragedy..but once again from your seat its a comedy..or better yet a tale.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 PM

806 posts, read 2,964,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl View Post
I'm sorry you are quite wrong with the above link ^, you can keep your comments to yourself.

I'd die for this city and I'd leave this country before I'd leave New Orleans.

Don't want to get shot? Dont deal drugs, don't want to get an STD? Don't have unprotected sex. Alcoholism isn't any worse here than it was when I lived in Athens GA.

I'm sorry but you have mistaken life as a normal citizen with being a drug dealing thug with no parents to speak of.
Quoted for truth.

New Orleans is a great city and Tulane is a very nice college!!!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 7,740 times
There is alcoholism and drugs everywhere, and i'm pretty sure anyone can own a gun and can shoot it as well. It doesnt matter if you live in New Orleans or not, all these things can happen wherever you are. You could be anywhere in the world and find these things. Tulane's a good school. My dad works there.

Last edited by knoxgarden; 01-16-2010 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: removed irrelevant information regarding very old post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana