Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 09:42 PM

224 posts, read 310,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Seriously in case of Democrat areas being the worst in the state, compare North Baton Rouge vs Denham/Watson/Central/St. George......New Orleans East vs Covington/Mandeville.......Alexandria vs Pineville, or Monroe vs West Monroe and you will have to admit I have a point. All the poorest most crime ridden parts of the state are Democrat dominated.
Shreveport vs Bossier City? Madison Parish vs Richland Parish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 12:01 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
Shreveport vs Bossier City? Madison Parish vs Richland Parish?
Shreveport is a very Democrat city and is far more crime ridden than Bossier City. I remember the news mentioning how Caddo Parish is very caught up on how some statues in front of the courthouse might hurt some people's feelings and not be politically correct enough.....

Old 03-05-2021, 08:40 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Denham, Watson, Central, etc all are poor areas still. They barely have infrastructure or even buses. I grew up in Prairieville and it's taken about 7 years on Hwy 42 construction. Its a joke. The suburban, republican areas Tom is constantly promoting are a laughing stock compared to suburban towns outside of more prosperous cities. And as they continue moving out there, traffic will continue to worsen and they'll inevitably blame it on liberals who want to punish hard working people. Then they'll move out to Satsuma and Holden and do the same.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:54 AM

25 posts, read 17,169 times
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Denham, Watson, Central, etc all are poor areas still. They barely have infrastructure or even buses. I grew up in Prairieville and it's taken about 7 years on Hwy 42 construction. Its a joke. The suburban, republican areas Tom is constantly promoting are a laughing stock compared to suburban towns outside of more prosperous cities. And as they continue moving out there, traffic will continue to worsen and they'll inevitably blame it on liberals who want to punish hard working people. Then they'll move out to Satsuma and Holden and do the same.
No, they will lay the blame on the thousands of immigrants that call the place home and liberals will say we need more infrastructure, raise taxes and accept lower quality of life as a result. People aren't going anywhere especially in rural areas - you think they are leaving?

Old 03-06-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medaryman View Post
No, they will lay the blame on the thousands of immigrants that call the place home and liberals will say we need more infrastructure, raise taxes and accept lower quality of life as a result. People aren't going anywhere especially in rural areas - you think they are leaving?
Or, blaming it on immigrants just as their ancestors were.
When does more infrastructure mean a lower quality of life?

I never said people are leaving rural areas. I said people will move out there and then complain about traffic, population, infrastructure, etc and then blame immigrants and liberals.

Old 03-08-2021, 09:14 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Central and Livingston Parish as well as Prairievillle grew because people were fleeing very high violent crime and terrible schools in Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport will continue to struggle as long as high crime and terrible schools persist so there's no end in sight that I see. Louisiana can't grow because of this problem in all of their cities creating a continuous brain drain statewide out of there.

My SIL is visiting from Denver and she is so ready to leave and likely moving to Florida.

Old 03-08-2021, 04:49 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Fillmore was far worse before they merged it with Wisconsin

Old 03-08-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Central and Livingston Parish as well as Prairievillle grew because people were fleeing very high violent crime and terrible schools in Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport will continue to struggle as long as high crime and terrible schools persist so there's no end in sight that I see. Louisiana can't grow because of this problem in all of their cities creating a continuous brain drain statewide out of there.

My SIL is visiting from Denver and she is so ready to leave and likely moving to Florida.
Also known as white flight. There's alot more problems than that as well. People aren't leaving small towns because of violent crime.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:10 AM

1,982 posts, read 973,595 times
Quote:
Or, blaming it on immigrants just as their ancestors were.
When does more infrastructure mean a lower quality of life?

I never said people are leaving rural areas. I said people will move out there and then complain about traffic, population, infrastructure, etc and then blame immigrants and liberals.
You are exactly right. I experienced that when I lived in LA.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:15 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

Many people in the Baton Rouge, Hammond, Lafayette, Lake Charles and Alexandria areas all blame Katrina for the increased crime in these areas and I don't know how much of this is true since I was living out of state during Katrina and only returned to Louisiana in 2017. I've had friends from Central tell me that Baton Rouge had "very little crime" until Katrina.

Katrina refugees are also blamed for aggressive driving, impatience, etc etc. New Orleans is considered a friendly, laid back city if you're a travel writer from New York or Los Angeles, but compared to the rest of Louisiana it is a very violent, aggressive and fast paced city.

The thing about Central and St. George is that people can now "flee" EBR without actually moving, something I'm surprised the few nicer areas in Baltimore and Chicago haven't figured out yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana