Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,791 times

Advertisements

Hi I am a RN and I am trying to get a job in workmens comp field nurse case management, however they are usually looking for a nurse with experience in this..does anybody know any companies thata re hiring are advice how to get into this

You might try asking your question as far as how to get into this field over in the Work forum - and ads regarding employment need to go in classifieds. If anyone knows of anything, they are welcome to send you a direct message but that info really needs to be through the classifieds...thanks!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-12-2007 at 02:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 11:38 PM

34 posts, read 120,845 times
Default Workers Comp Nurse

From experience, I started as an ICU nurse the found a case management job way back in the 80's, in a managed care company. I just happened into the position. After that, I went to home health and worked as a home health case manager. From there, I got into discharge planning in a hospital. After that, finding a job has never been a problem. Case Management requires a wide range of experience and when employers see that you have had inpatient med/surg nursing experience or ICU experience, community health nursing, and some experience with utilization review, they know you understand the ins and outs of cost containment. That is what its all about.

Once you have your foot in the door as a case manager, you can study and take the test for certification. You can then name your job. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana