Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 07:08 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,386,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LArenter View Post
I like how there aren't too many chain restaurants in the city.
Does Pasadena have any really *good* restaurants? Recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,847,126 times
References to Pasadena's demographics are okay, but please, let's keep on-topic and in-line with the TOS.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM

137 posts, read 604,154 times
I guess "good" is a subjective term; there is good for being cheap and just plain good.

For brunch, I've been eating frequently at Elements Cafe in Old Town, the owner just opened a restaurant by the Playhouse as well. They get their bake goods and breads from Euro Pane in Pasadena as well.

If you are looking for something fancy and expensive, there is of course the Langham, which is really good. I highly recommend the Raymond -- I had a great experience the last time I was there. I like the food at Maison Akira but the ambiance leaves you wanting more.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:51 PM

137 posts, read 604,154 times
I have to add that almost any area of LA has "good" places to eat. None of those that I mentioned are worth driving from the Westside for, except some will argue that the Langham is worth while. I just think they are good given the selection.

I still drive out to Santa Monica or Studio City for Sushi as IMO there are no good Sushi resturants that are local.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:52 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,928,493 times
Is Pasadena Heaven?

Wouldn't that greatly depend on an individuals conception of "Heaven"?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:20 PM

787 posts, read 1,950,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Does Pasadena have any really *good* restaurants? Recommendations?

Barcelona onColorado Blvd in Old Town has good Spanish food and tapas....also a nice bar attached to the resaurant.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:27 PM

126 posts, read 367,135 times
To defend "Visit a library" I understand his concerns about the racial diversity. I have been considering a move from the Palms area of Los Angeles for about a year but am having a problem selling my condo in the current real estate market. I have visited Pasadena several times over the past year and it has about the right mix of ethical diversity. SoCal35 obviously has not seen the effects of the erosion of the white majority as I have seen in the Palms area. Anyone who knows Palms and Venice blvd 25 years ago knows full well that the shift of diversity in the area has resulted in it's deterioration. This is not a bigoted statement but just a fact that I have personally witnessed over that time. You can't really argue with what you can see with your own eyes. Pasadena is still heaven compared to Palms.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:14 AM

32 posts, read 87,871 times
I absolutely adore Pasadena and think it is the best kept secret of LA. We are lucky to live here. As for food, check out any Smith Bros restaurant, specifically Smitty's, Arroyo Chop House or Parkway Grill. These are all excellent. The Counter for a great burger, Green Street for their Dianne salad (now sold at Trader Joes under the "Pasadena Salad" label), LGO for a meal out with the kids, who eat free until 6 or 7 p.m. In Eagle Rock there's Cafe Beaujolais, which is incredible (and affordable) French cuisine. Porta Via has AMAZING Italian sandwiches and pasta to go. For Mexican you have several choices: El Portal, Mijares and El Cholo. For a breakfast/brunch/lunch stop, there's Julienne's in San Marino.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:12 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,156,321 times
Is Pasadena Heaven?

NO!!!! Hemet is Heaven!!!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 10:34 AM

55 posts, read 168,918 times
Try finding good close parking in Pasadena
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles