Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,558 times

Advertisements

Hey! i'm coming to Santa Monica and I'm with a tight bucket, so, a cap from La airport to santa monica i heard it is around 100 or more.. so, google maps suggested me this route on Public Transportation, what do you think about it? is it ok?

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5...stedroutes.jpg

from the last stop i would have to take a Cap to the Ocean Park Hotel, which i'm planning to book. btw, is it a cool hotel for the price? a cool area?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 06:42 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,205,374 times
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

You'll want to get on the Big Blue Bus line 3 and transfer to line 8 at Ocean Park Blvd. This will save you an unbelievable amount of time if you must take the bus. A cab to this area should cost $30-$40 if that changes your mind at all. However, the bus will only cost $1.50 including the transfer. Use this site (socaltransport.org | Metro Bus and Rail Trip Planner for Los Angeles and surrounding Counties) it will be much more helpful than google.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,462 times
That looks like it takes you WAY out of the way. That will take you forever.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:23 AM

206 posts, read 416,805 times
What BRinSM said. Also if you are taking a cab, take the airport shuttle instead. Just google LAX airport shuttles and a few will come up. I paid 19 dollars one way and I am pretty close to Santa monica. You can type in your zip and it will give you a quote. I don't think it will be over 23 or 24 bucks one way for one person.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:14 PM

132 posts, read 364,749 times
If you want to take public transit (I'd avoid it for this trip as I agree you can probably get a good shuttle that's not too expensive), use the Metro website at Metro | Getting Around | LA Metro Home . It has a trip planner there on the main page (in the column on the right), and there are also maps (bar at the top, on the left) that would allow you to check if the route they recommend makes sense.

I'm pretty sure you could walk to your hotel faster than that Google maps route would take you! (Don't really walk it, it would be a very long walk. But don't take those buses they recommend either!)

Old 03-10-2010, 06:29 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,769,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matias4000 View Post
Hey! i'm coming to Santa Monica and I'm with a tight bucket, so, a cap from La airport to santa monica i heard it is around 100 or more.. so, google maps suggested me this route on Public Transportation, what do you think about it? is it ok?
That is a completely insane route which would probably take 3 hours or more. This is the one you want:

Welcome to the Big Blue Bus

or the "rapid" version, if it is running when you need it:

Welcome to the Big Blue Bus

Old 03-18-2010, 01:49 PM

81 posts, read 285,349 times
That's a horrible route! Bad Google!

Follow the suggestions above; just take the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (#3) from the airport bus terminal, it will bring you directly into/through downtown SaMo for $0.75.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:16 PM

13 posts, read 38,111 times
Ditto! What they said.
The bus goes straight down the coast highway (aka Lincoln Blvd), then turn right at Ocean Park. If you can manage the $ an airport shuttle is the easiest thing to do. These can be booked in advance, or at the airport when you arrive. They are very frequent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles