Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 05:17 PM

3 posts, read 18,237 times

Advertisements

My question concerns an area of Gardena where I am interested in purchasing a home - it borders to the east of Alondra Park, and is right up against the Torrance school district. Would my kids be able to attend the Torrance schools (a high school and an elementary are very close)? What is everyone's general opinion of that area? Would I be better off just trying to find something affordable (less than $500g) in Torrance? I am out of state and unable to drive by and have a look for myself.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 01:07 PM

76 posts, read 357,185 times
Is the actual zip code Torrance or Gardena? If Gardena,then that would be apart of the Gardena schools which are part of LAUSD. You can put the address in the LAUSD.NET and it will let you know if your in their district.You might also be able to apply for a permit throught Torrance Unifoed ,but my understanding is that they are hard to come by. You will not find anything under 500k in a desirable area of Torrance and the undesirable areas are not apart of Torrance Unified.I believe the high school for East Torrance is Narbonne. I would not recommend Gardena schools some of thel elementary schools are decent,but the middle and high school are undesireable.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Narbonne is LAUSD and always has been.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:34 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times
If you are interested in a house under $500K in Torrance, your best bet would be to look in zip code 90504 (North Torrance). I have friends who own a real nice home in that area and their neighbors are fantastic. If it were my choice, I would consider Torrance before Gardena for many reasons.

I found several homes under $500K on realtor.com in North Torrance.

Good luck.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 AM

76 posts, read 357,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Narbonne is LAUSD and always has been.
When did I day that Narbonne was not LAUSD? I said that east Torrance residents attend Narbonne not Torrance Unified.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 9,741 times
JULIE_143 I would not recommend Gardena schools some of thel elementary schools are decent,but the middle and high school are undesireable.same as WINNEC I AGREED. GO TO Torrance Unified School District - School Boundary Maps (http://www.tusd.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2001/03/08/3aa7f2552 - broken link) you will see the map of the school they call it Boundaries . A tip REDONDO BEACH, GRAMERCY PL.,HAWTHORNE is TORRANCE SCHOOL.But all depend where is located the house. GOOD LUCK

OH I DONT RECOMMEND TORRANCE HIGH

Old 05-15-2010, 02:14 AM

11 posts, read 49,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE_143 View Post
JULIE_143 I would not recommend Gardena schools some of thel elementary schools are decent,but the middle and high school are undesireable.same as WINNEC I AGREED. GO TO Torrance Unified School District - School Boundary Maps (http://www.tusd.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2001/03/08/3aa7f2552 - broken link) you will see the map of the school they call it Boundaries . A tip REDONDO BEACH, GRAMERCY PL.,HAWTHORNE is TORRANCE SCHOOL.But all depend where is located the house. GOOD LUCK

OH I DONT RECOMMEND TORRANCE HIGH
i'm just curious as to why you would not recommend torrance high?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles