Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,430,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post

Ok. first of all don't call it "NoHo", nobody calls it that. The only people who would call it that would be the shrewd real estate agents/brokers trying to persuade someone into moving into that Valley hellhole.

That's ridiculous... Tons of people call it NoHo.

North Hollywood has a lone subway stop going for it.

Which is more then alot of LA has to offer.

Even then that shouldn't be a factor in deciding where you live, as the subway hardly goes anywhere.

Except Hollywood, Pasadena, Downtown, Long Beach, Redondo Beach, down Wilshire, and tons of places in between.

Other than their small theatre district, the city is rather bland... devoid of any character, interestingness, it lacks anything engaging, architecturally or culturally relevant, no social significance, etc.

Looking at the clothing stores and high rises on Wilshire is engaging?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 10:11 PM

10 posts, read 21,289 times
Thanks for the additional comments. They're much appreciated.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:31 PM

10 posts, read 21,289 times
Default Epilogue?

Hello again, everyone. I had thought my post had been forgotten until I received a note from someone today asking whether I had moved or not. So, since all of you were really great in terms of providing me with info, I thought I should at least update you on developments.

No, I haven't moved yet. As luck would have it, I "stumbled" into a new job here in Boston while researching the move to LA. (Life can be funny that way, I guess.)

I still haven't totally ruled out relocation to LA at some point in the next couple of years. In fact, I've penciled in another trip out west this spring. Who knows . . . maybe a Hollywood director will "discover" me and persuade me to move on the spot!

Thanks very much again to all of you for your help. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Old 12-28-2009, 03:31 PM

20 posts, read 70,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
Seriously, what's with all the Valley hate? if it's not your thing then that's perfectly fine, but there is crime and ugly architecture all over L.A. Not to white knight for North Hollywood, but to say that it has nothing going for it is kind of an unfair judgement and something you could say about many areas in the L.A. Basin as well. I personally enjoy exploring new areas and feeling out the characteristics that make them all unique. It's what makes us such a diverse and well-rounded city.

Last edited by hpcatfish; 12-28-2009 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: I speel gud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles