Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:33 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quepaso View Post
Wow, and you say that right after my post. Nice.

I mean,.. damn, homie, you be knowin whats up, que no ese?
Sorry about that. I didnt direct that to you. Actually, I didnt even see your post first. No offense meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 12:31 PM

13 posts, read 70,026 times
southern california is forever a RAIDER NATION its in r blood over here....but over the last couple of years raider fans have decreased alot........mainly cus there loosing now....i think alot of people r dumb becuase they cheer for whoever wins.....5 years ago 90% of southern cali was raiders fans.....now just cus they lost the superbowl in the early 2000s....alot have stop being fans.......but i say about 40% of southern californians are raider fans.....about 20% are chargers......and we got alot of Cowboys fans over here......i dont know why we got cowboys fans so much?.....but ya youll see a rams fan every now and then when your walking down tha naighborhood and see the rams flag in someones front yard..........but no mater how much the raider loose southern cali is the raiders roots and its a raider NATION forever.......no mater how much they win or loose Raiders will always be the dominate of california forever......but when it comes to raiders......poeple either love them or hate them.....its never a 50n50 thing........and for all those who keep hatin on the raiders....there just jelous that we got some loyal fans that stay even when the team looses.....and no mater what you say...there the only team to got to the superbowl every decade

Old 11-02-2008, 12:35 PM

13 posts, read 70,026 times
southern california is forever a RAIDER NATION its in r blood over here....but over the last couple of years raider fans have decreased alot........mainly cus there loosing now....i think alot of people r dumb becuase they cheer for whoever wins.....5 years ago 90% of southern cali was raiders fans.....now just cus they lost the superbowl in the early 2000s....alot have stop being fans.......but i say about 40% of southern californians are raider fans.....about 20% are chargers......and we got alot of Cowboys fans over here......i dont know why we got cowboys fans so much?.....but ya youll see a rams fan every now and then when your walking down tha naighborhood and see the rams flag in someones front yard..........but no mater how much the raider loose southern cali is the raiders roots and its a raider NATION forever.......no mater how much they win or loose Raiders will always be the dominate of california forever......but when it comes to raiders......poeple either love them or hate them.....its never a 50n50 thing........and for all those who keep hatin on the raiders....there just jelous that we got some loyal fans that stay even when the team looses.....and no mater what you say...there the only team to got to the superbowl every decade.........all the raider haterz r just mad at r pride or something....i realy dont know why they hate on us...but we still got more fans over here....so stop hating.....plus you dont c me taking trash about the rams....heck have the rams football team has butterfingers.....they cant catch for there own lives

Old 11-02-2008, 01:37 PM

301 posts, read 1,511,100 times
Rooting for the Rams now would be like cheering for a girlfriend who dumped you to marry a guy who promised to buy her lots of shiny stuff.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:35 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quepaso View Post
RAIDER NATION!

We got heart like that...no fairweather fans here!
In the past 30 (going on 31) years, the Oakland Raiders have won exactly one Superbowl.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:34 PM

73 posts, read 216,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
In the past 30 (going on 31) years, the Oakland Raiders have won exactly one Superbowl.
XI Jan. 9, 1977 Oakland 32, Minnesota 14

XV Jan. 25, 1981 Oakland 27, Philadelphia 10

XVIII Jan. 22, 1984 L.A. Raiders 38, Washington 9

Thats still two more than the Superchokers. I'll take what I can get.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,040,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
but when it comes to raiders......poeple either love them or hate them.....its never a 50n50 thing........
this is very true. i've never a met a single nfl fan who had a lukewarm opinion of the raiders. the team and all it stands for (al davis, the black hole, etc) inspires rabid dedication in some people and extreme disgust in everyone else.

it's pretty funny; the cowboys are probably the most despised team in the nfl but the raiders are almost certainly second. yet neither team plays in los angeles or new york, which is usually a key characteristic of the most hated teams (lakers, yankees, usc football, ucla basketball, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
and no mater what you say...there the only team to got to the superbowl every decade.........
the raiders failed to make the super bowl in the 1990s. the closest they came in that decade was during the 1990 season, when they made it to the afc championship game, only to get annihilated by the buffalo bills, 51-3.

the next time they made it that far in the playoffs was in 2000, when they lost in the afc championship game to the baltimore ravens, 16-3.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,228 times
the cowboy fans are as "thuggish" as the raider fans, atleast here in texas they are, i like the riaders, because i was born in l.a., and when i started watching football, they were still in l.a. and had excellent players. Marcus allen, howie long, bo jackson, willie gault,etc etc...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
As far as I am concerned this is Trojan country. Go USC. Who cares about a league that doesn't care about us. The NFL couldn't care less about the people of LA. Pete Carroll has done an amazing job of transforming this team and making it the reason that we have a team to watch from the LA area.

One thing I will say is that the Cowboys have done their part although they have now gone on to other things. For the past few years they have at least given us the training facility in Oxnard.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:56 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
From the "I'm feeling old" department. The Raiders won the Superbowl 25 years ago this week, as reminded from:

These Raiders just won, baby - Los Angeles Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles