Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 11:27 AM

27 posts, read 121,558 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I found 2 homes on in San Dimas on Calle Sania and one on Gloria Avenue in Granada Hills. Can anyone tell me about these 2 areas and which one is best with a family. All comments and opinions are welcome!

Thank you,
TR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 12:42 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Where are you going to work?

Old 05-20-2008, 12:53 PM

162 posts, read 572,559 times
tiana if you're still thinking on working in Studio City Granada Hills is definitely the better choice for distance to work. But, if I have to compare those two streets (I have more knowledge of San Dimas than Granada Hills but I live nearer GH now) I'd have to go with San Dimas for a family. Granada Hills has some very nice areas but with my somewhat limited knowledge of it I generally think the "nice" area is north of Rinaldi/118 Freeway. Perhaps others know better about that particular neighborhood Gloria is in, but with the info you gave and the knowledge I have, and not considering distance to Studio City as heavily as safety and family friendly, I'd have to go with San Dimas.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:26 PM

30 posts, read 87,266 times
I dont know about granada hills but i grew up in San Dimas and its a great place for kids, lots of dirt, parks and trees to climb. also they have gymnastics and art at the community center (at least they did 15 years ago)

they only thing i did not like about it was getting into highschool years it was quite boring, there is some racism problems with the kids in HS (not violent just close minded) generally it is a conservative country music kinda place but i think its getting more mixed.

I had a fantastic childhood there none the less. my mom still lives there and is not moving anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: