Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2022, 06:47 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times

Advertisements

“BA.5 is a different beast with a new superpower: enough alteration in the spike protein that immunity from either prior vax or prior Omicron infection (including recent infection) doesn’t offer much protection,” according to Dr. Robert Wachter, chair of UC San Francisco’s Department of Medicine.

Super-infectious BA.5 is a coronavirus ‘beast.’ Here’s how to protect yourself:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ronavirus-ba-5

https://twitter.com/Bob_Wachter/stat...80612242149376

Old 07-08-2022, 08:15 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
We could have fixed this by now if China had given us all their records from the Wuhan facility.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:56 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
I'm 69 yrs old (will be in a couple of days) - never smoked, and I live in Los Angeles County. In fact, I live not far from Hawthorne Airport, and just south of LAX a few miles. The 405 freeway is close to us. Have yet to get Covid. My neighbor has it right now- in her early fifties and was a heavy smoker. She has said her smoking was a huge culprit in her getting Covid recently

I grew up in Torrance, CA when there was LOTS of heavy smog and junk in the air. I have NO pulmonary issues. NONE. Both our parents smoked. My siblings have not had Covid either.

Just being honest.
If you wanna get it (like my elderly mom just did...now me and bro have it), feel free to come to her indoor unventilated aerobics class where nobody wears masks. They were doing it outside (which was great) till 2 weeks ago when they moved inside (mom never told me they moved inside...she didn't want to be only one not wearing mask) the "new" terrible indoor aerobics room. I looked at it...very low ceilings, no fans/windows, stuffy, no ventilation (like a subway), and yes...one gym member fessed up she had symptoms a few days before mom got it?!...and nobody wearing masks!? Taking mom out of that class immediately...stoked to have found an OUTDOOR morning yoga class for mom which will be the only way now! We are all 4 times vaxxed...still incredibly stuffed up with a deep hacking cough going on 14 days now!? Luckily finally getting better...covid really sucks and is NO JOKE!

Last edited by Fisherman99; 07-08-2022 at 09:05 PM..

Old 07-09-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
We could have fixed this by now if China had given us all their records from the Wuhan facility.
"Scientists released a pair of extensive studies (February, 2022) that point to a large food and live animal market in Wuhan, China, as the origin of the coronavirus pandemic.

Analyzing a wide range of data, including virus genes, maps of market stalls and the social media activity of early Covid-19 patients across Wuhan, the scientists concluded that the coronavirus was very likely present in live mammals sold at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in late 2019 and suggested that the virus spilled over into people working or shopping there on two separate occasions.

“When you look at all of the evidence together, it’s an extraordinarily clear picture that the pandemic started at the Huanan market,” said Michael Worobey, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Arizona and a co-author of both new studies.

Several independent scientists said that the studies, which have not yet been published in a scientific journal, presented a compelling and rigorous new analysis of available data.

“It’s very convincing,” said Dr. Thea Fischer, an epidemiologist at the University of Copenhagen, who was not involved in the new studies. The question of whether the virus spilled over from animals “has now been settled with a very high degree of evidence, and thus confidence.”

.....New evidence could still emerge. The Chinese government, for example, could release samples taken from Wuhan patients who came down with pneumonia in November 2019, noted Dr. Relman of Stanford.

Researchers could also learn more by looking at the genetic samples collected by the Chinese researchers..."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-origins.html

Old 07-09-2022, 09:30 AM

"Continued increases in coronavirus cases fueled by the ultra-contagious BA.5 subvariant as well as a rise in hospitalizations have pushed Los Angeles County even closer to reinstating a universal indoor mask mandate.

The measure, which officials have long warned was on the table, could go into effect as soon as late July.

“We can’t predict with certainty what the future hospitalization trend will look like. However, it is looking more likely, as cases and admissions have continued to increase, that we’ll enter the high community level designation later this month,” L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said Thursday." (7/7/22)

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...d-mask-mandate

Old 07-09-2022, 11:24 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Nothing stops LA from doing that now, and if LA really cared about public health, it would do that now. The population is being arrogant and selfish and needs a wake-up call. I think it absolutely could get away with that if for example it only mandated masks for gyms and some other iffy places until officially reaching the "high community level designation."

Old 07-09-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"Scientists released a pair of extensive studies (February, 2022) that point to a large food and live animal market in Wuhan, China, as the origin of the coronavirus pandemic.

Analyzing a wide range of data, including virus genes, maps of market stalls and the social media activity of early Covid-19 patients across Wuhan, the scientists concluded that the coronavirus was very likely present in live mammals sold at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in late 2019 and suggested that the virus spilled over into people working or shopping there on two separate occasions.

“When you look at all of the evidence together, it’s an extraordinarily clear picture that the pandemic started at the Huanan market,” said Michael Worobey, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Arizona and a co-author of both new studies.

Several independent scientists said that the studies, which have not yet been published in a scientific journal, presented a compelling and rigorous new analysis of available data.

“It’s very convincing,” said Dr. Thea Fischer, an epidemiologist at the University of Copenhagen, who was not involved in the new studies. The question of whether the virus spilled over from animals “has now been settled with a very high degree of evidence, and thus confidence.”

.....New evidence could still emerge. The Chinese government, for example, could release samples taken from Wuhan patients who came down with pneumonia in November 2019, noted Dr. Relman of Stanford.

Researchers could also learn more by looking at the genetic samples collected by the Chinese researchers..."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-origins.html
And there are a whole lot of scientists who say Covid-19 was synthesized in a lab, due to the telltale signs in its structure, particularly the gain of function aspect.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
And there are a whole lot of scientists who say Covid-19 was synthesized in a lab
No peer reviewed studies yet. https://www.science.org/content/arti...-animal-market

Old 07-11-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Perhaps, and I appreciate that you, like me, want to know the truth. But quite a few authorities on the matter believe Covid-19 was synthesized in a lab.

BTW, this is a very good recent video that I found in my feed last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdFJfoHQJs

Old 07-12-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Perhaps, and I appreciate that you, like me, want to know the truth. But quite a few authorities on the matter believe Covid-19 was synthesized in a lab.

BTW, this is a very good recent video that I found in my feed last night...
Yes, the truth. But not from a stand up comedian who has repeatedly misinformed the public about COVID-19 and who's a vaccine skeptic. All one has to do is Google the name Jimmy Dore--frankly, I didn't know who he was--and up pop multiple articles and YouTube videos about his kooky views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles