Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 02:33 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Los Angeles from Tempe, Arizona and joined a local gym. I noticed a female cleaning in man gym. I don't mean just like a quick clean but sweeping, mopping around guys. Also if she is mopping and your shoes leaving dirty marks, she will demand you step on the mop and wipe your shoes, is this a local cultural thing of the employee ? I noticed same thing in nearby McDonald's, lady told me to clean my shoes because I was leaving dirty shoe prints as she was mopping. Both were Hispanics. I never experienced anything like this before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 10:48 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Lived here my whole life and never had this happen to me. Usually the cleaning personnel will close the restroom temporarily while cleaning, especially if the opposite sex is cleaning the restroom.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:52 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Lived here my whole life and never had this happen to me. Usually the cleaning personnel will close the restroom temporarily while cleaning, especially if the opposite sex is cleaning the restroom.
Me too .

Old 02-04-2019, 01:09 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Yes, I can't imagine them doing otherwise. Never heard of it.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:14 PM

This is LA Fitness gym. I talked to manager and was told that it's normal thing as it's hard for them to have both sex cleaning people. Basically told to get used to it and if I don't like it, i can find another gym.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:04 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
This is LA Fitness gym. I talked to manager and was told that it's normal thing as it's hard for them to have both sex cleaning people. Basically told to get used to it and if I don't like it, i can find another gym.
Just get naked and show off your chimichanga to them

Old 02-08-2019, 04:45 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,961,718 times
A Police officer called over to the Station on his radio.

"I have an interesting case here. An old lady shot her husband for stepping on the floor she just mopped."

"Have you arrested the woman?"

"Not yet. The floor's still wet."

Old 02-08-2019, 11:31 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,900 times
Quote:

I think that's your answer...

I haven't experienced this in LA, but I did use LA Fitness in Phoenix (part of the same super-suburboplex you came from) and fairly often saw signs at the front of the locker room indicating if someone of the opposite gender was inside cleaning, hence this obviously isn't unique to LA.

In Phoenix I had different working hours and would go in the middle of the day, so the gym was fairly quiet, which probably meant less of an impact in cleaning. Now I arrive shortly after they open and leave as the morning surge really hits, meaning no one is cleaning in the locker rooms, and they're probably waiting for people to clear out before they go in to clean. If it really bothers you, heed their advice or find a different time to go.

On a personal note, I don't see what the big deal is, but I'm not ashamed of my body. I would honestly think nothing of it if a woman were in the locker room, and I just don't understand why people are so uptight about the same or opposite sex seeing them nude or partially clothed. Maybe you just need a more conservative gym.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
I think that's your answer...

I haven't experienced this in LA, but I did use LA Fitness in Phoenix (part of the same super-suburboplex you came from) and fairly often saw signs at the front of the locker room indicating if someone of the opposite gender was inside cleaning, hence this obviously isn't unique to LA.

In Phoenix I had different working hours and would go in the middle of the day, so the gym was fairly quiet, which probably meant less of an impact in cleaning. Now I arrive shortly after they open and leave as the morning surge really hits, meaning no one is cleaning in the locker rooms, and they're probably waiting for people to clear out before they go in to clean. If it really bothers you, heed their advice or find a different time to go.

On a personal note, I don't see what the big deal is, but I'm not ashamed of my body. I would honestly think nothing of it if a woman were in the locker room, and I just don't understand why people are so uptight about the same or opposite sex seeing them nude or partially clothed. Maybe you just need a more conservative gym.

There is few issue going on . 1) How would woman react if guy would to enter their locker room? I am betting there would be hell to pay. That is no different from her entering guys locker room

2) Female janitors usually care much more about cleaning compare to guys so they are more thoroughly cleaning and also will get more upset if you mess up their work. Hence the number

3) She will move your bag, shoes etc if she is cleaning while they are in her way. She will demand you clean your shoes on her wet mop if they are leaving dirty shoes prints or she thinks they are dirty. Basically she acts like she is the boss when in reality she is just an employee and customer are the boss. I never experienced this while in Arizona but I was attending different gym.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:45 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,900 times
Quote:
There is few issue going on . 1) How would woman react if guy would to enter their locker room? I am betting there would be hell to pay. That is no different from her entering guys locker room

2) Female janitors usually care much more about cleaning compare to guys so they are more thoroughly cleaning and also will get more upset if you mess up their work. Hence the number

3) She will move your bag, shoes etc if she is cleaning while they are in her way. She will demand you clean your shoes on her wet mop if they are leaving dirty shoes prints or she thinks they are dirty. Basically she acts like she is the boss when in reality she is just an employee and customer are the boss. I never experienced this while in Arizona but I was attending different gym.
1) As I already answered your question, they post signs announcing someone of the opposite sex is working in the locker room.

2) Judge much?

3) I did experience this in Arizona, so your assumption is flat out wrong. I went to the LA Fitness at 16th Street/Camelback and the one at 7th Avenue/Camelback, and the same or opposite gender cleaning the locker rooms happened at both locations. Again, because apparently you missed it, you are wrong, wrong, wrong. You may not have experienced it in Arizona, but it does happen there and I saw it often because I went at times with a lower attendance. I don't see it in LA because it's much busier at the time of day I go. If this is a personal machismo or customer service issue on your part (based on your other replies, I'm betting on the former), then you need to either go at a busier time or find a new gym as I previously suggested.

If you prefer what you experienced at gyms in Arizona, go back to that hell hole if something this trivial bothers you, even though, and I hate to repeat myself though you apparently missed it, this does happen there (and presumably other states too).

You act like you don't have a choice in gyms. Walgreens got on my bad side once and fast, and surprise, I use CVS now. AT&T drew their last straw with me, and I happily moved to a competitor. Frontier Airlines once changed my flight by an entire day and I never knew until the day before my trip began when I got an email reminder of my itinerary (though they had changed it a few months prior), so I will pay more with another carrier to not use them. Do you get the picture? You live in a capitalist society in which many services have competition, gyms included. I'd suggest before you join you ask about this topic if it bothers you that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: